• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud vs Iowa QB School

JawnyBlaze

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not really seeing anything screaming #1 with a bullet. I never really bought into the narrative about this QB class in the first place though. I'd take Hendon with one of our 2nds if he's there. Maybe Levis but I really don't like the offense he's in so hard to judge 

Levis is in a pro style offense, what offense were you thinking he would need to be in to like it?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Levis is in a pro style offense, what offense were you thinking he would need to be in to like it?

I mean the actual play calling I've seen, not the system. Mainly last game where I was trying to get a good look at him and they ran the ball like 50 times. I know they had the lead but it's hard to judge. Vs Tennessee this week should be a good Hooker vs Levis evaluation game. Kentucky should be forced to throw down field more

• Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

I mean the actual play calling I've seen, not the system. Mainly last game where I was trying to get a good look at him and they ran the ball like 50 times. I know they had the lead but it's hard to judge. Vs Tennessee this week should be a good Hooker vs Levis evaluation game. Kentucky should be forced to throw down field more

Yeah, they arent running an offense thats about throwing the ball 40-50 times. Kentucky had their BYE already, and Levis has 164 attempts. Ohio state hasnt had their BYE yet, and Stroud has thrown 190 times. Young's bye week is this week and he is at 221 attempts. They are in the same range. 

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not really seeing anything screaming #1 with a bullet. I never really bought into the narrative about this QB class in the first place though. I'd take Hendon with one of our 2nds if he's there. Maybe Levis but I really don't like the offense he's in so hard to judge 

Levis is running a variation of the McVay/Shanahan offense. His OC's for the past two years come from the Rams and 49ers (Liam Cohen, Rich Scangarello). Him and Young (Bill O'Brien) have NFL guys calling plays out of NFL playbooks.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah, they arent running an offense thats about throwing the ball 40-50 times. Kentucky had their BYE already, and Levis has 164 attempts. Ohio state hasnt had their BYE yet, and Stroud has thrown 190 times. Young's bye week is this week and he is at 221 attempts. They are in the same range. 

Ohio State has had their BYE. It was the week before they played Iowa.

Edited by MCP

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

There’s no comparison with Fields beyond the same school. Stroud throws a better ball and Fields was a one read QB. Stroud is the total package. 

It's just lazy analytics.  Is Hurts like Jones, Tua, or Young?  Is the current Clemson QB anything like Lawrence?  Be better people.

• Pie 5