• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore should not have been penalized for helmet removal

Zod

Multiple things can be true at the same time:

• DJ should not have been penalized
  • DJ should have known better. We're sitting at #1 in the NFC South if he kept his F***ing helmet on, instead of #2 in the draft order
  • Hey! We're #2 in the draft order

The most costly thing that happened yesterday is I think the helmet fiasco broke our kicker, which, if we had any devices on winning the division, will be incredibly costly. Pinero's second miss was because of the 1st miss. He was 14 of 15 on the season for FG, and perfect on XPs going into the 4th quarter yesterday. Now after those game-losing 2 misses, I think his confidence is irreparably rattled. He'll have the yips the rest of the year.

Lesson learned. Keep your damn stupid helmet on. Don't give the refs any excuses. We lost, and what's the best we can hope for from the league? Everyone agrees we were hosed. They review and give us a half-hearted apology.

South Park GIF - South Park Sorry - Discover & Share GIFs

Still an L on the record.

Keep your helmet on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Also, not sure the exact rule but this seems like a cop out for DJ. He took his helmet off outside of the endzone but then while he had it off he came back onto the field in the endzone to continue celebrating. It was a dumb move by DJ period, but he's not the reason we lost. Kicking, refs, defense letting Mariota light them up, etc. are way more to blame. Without DJ we just lose by 6 on time or downs at the end of regulation so hard to blame him for the loss because of 1 stupid decision after the play where he kept us in the game.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He didn’t even touch his helmet until he was fully in the white out of bounds area. I don’t understand what’s so hard for people to grasp here. Yea, he should not show any joy or emotion after presumably winning the game for us, I get that. But his momentary lapse in judgement should not have cost us the game because it wasn’t against the rules. 

Your statement is incorrect - he started taking his helmet off in the end zone, screenshot below. And where did I ever say anything about not being allowed to celebrate/show emotion? 

Helmet.thumb.JPG.0099ba45b5b4bf958842dc3119b369d1.JPG

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

The refs were doing all they could to slow down the Panthers and make the game more even.  I wasn't surprised at all when they finally find some bogus call to make because these rules are put in place for them to make judgement calls like this..... for reasons.  Nothing will ever come of this so don't expect that.

The NFL has been this way for years. It is becoming hard to watch. I take my homer glasses off and watch other games and see the same things. I knew when Vegas got more involved, the integrity of the game would diminish.

Just now, philit99 said:

The NFL has been this way for years. It is becoming hard to watch. I take my homer glasses off and watch other games and see the same things. I knew when Vegas got more involved, the integrity of the game would diminish.

Nobody took their helmets off to celebrate in the 60s,70s,80s,.

It wasn't until 97 that they had to put the rule in.

Taking off your helmet is a purely look at me move in its nature. There's no reason to do it.

15 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Multiple things can be true at the same time:

• DJ should not have been penalized
  • DJ should have known better. We're sitting at #1 in the NFC South if he kept his F***ing helmet on, instead of #2 in the draft order
  • Hey! We're #2 in the draft order

The most costly thing that happened yesterday is I think the helmet fiasco broke our kicker, which, if we had any devices on winning the division, will be incredibly costly. Pinero's second miss was because of the 1st miss. He was 14 of 15 on the season for FG, and perfect on XPs going into the 4th quarter yesterday. Now after those game-losing 2 misses, I think his confidence is irreparably rattled. He'll have the yips the rest of the year.

Lesson learned. Keep your damn stupid helmet on. Don't give the refs any excuses. We lost, and what's the best we can hope for from the league? Everyone agrees we were hosed. They review and give us a half-hearted apology.

South Park GIF - South Park Sorry - Discover & Share GIFs

Still an L on the record.

Keep your helmet on.

We’re #3 in draft, otherwise yeah. We can’t put the game in the hands of a kicker who we signed off the street when our real kicker got injured.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Nobody took their helmets off to celebrate in the 60s,70s,80s,.

It wasn't until 97 that they had to put the rule in.

Taking off your helmet is a purely look at me move in its nature. There's no reason to do it.

Forget the helmet call. This game was biased to the extreme. The multiple holding calls on one team, missing the false starts. The block in the backs and holding by the receivers. It is hard to watch. If you have ever been a ref, you know what to look for, and you can tell on any game, if the game is rigged for one side or being called fairly.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

The sad reality is if you play for the Panthers you can’t give the refs any excuse.

I tell people this at my own job all the damn time.

There's always someone somewhere that is looking to trip us up and complain to our customer. We can't give them an excuse to. I don't care how trivial it seems.

21 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Your statement is incorrect - he started taking his helmet off in the end zone, screenshot below. And where did I ever say anything about not being allowed to celebrate/show emotion? 

Helmet.thumb.JPG.0099ba45b5b4bf958842dc3119b369d1.JPG

Ok I was off with the “didn’t touch” but he still had the helmet completely on when he was completely out of bounds 

image.thumb.png.379e39b410ea2d1c80e452406c46a083.png

Edited by JawnyBlaze
Pasted pic twice
  • Pie 1