• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I feel Wilks needs another season to win his job.

Snake

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t see us finishing worse than the Texans but I do think we could finish worse than the Lions. They are somewhat unlucky to not have more wins right now and they are really scoring a ton of points. They get a healthy Swift back and St Brown at 100% and they’ll win more than us in the end imo. I think we end up picking #2 when it’s all said and done. 

It's going to take a really good effort for the Falcons to beat us again. If we didn't give the game away we win pretty easy last Sunday. Us beating Denver is a likely possibility. Can you really say the Steelers are going to beat us? We also actually have to lose to the Lions as well. I don't see but 3 sure fire losses and that the Bengals,Hawks and Ravens. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's going to take a really good effort for the Falcons to beat us again. If we didn't give the game away we win pretty easy last Sunday. Us beating Denver is a likely possibility. Can you really say the Steelers are going to beat us? We also actually have to lose to the Lions as well. I don't see but 3 sure fire losses and that the Bengals,Hawks and Ravens. 

I dunno. I think you are giving us too much credit atm. People are really overrating PJ around here right now. I like him and am very happy for him but  he’s nowhere near the QB Goff or Pickett are. And teams are still adjusting to game planning for PJ at QB and a power runner inserted into the offense in Foreman. 

A healthy Lions I see finishing ahead. They are amongst the highest scoring teams in the entire league, they just can’t get stops. And they’ve been doing that without their two best offensive weapons for half the year. At some point their defense will get a turnover or two to swing a couple of games in their favor. The only team I think that is truly worse than us are the Texans. 

I really like Wilks and think he can be very successful. I see a lot that he is very conservative etc. We are three games in to his tenure, he has a mediocre OC and a fourth string QB. Of course he will be conservative until he knows what he has in either of them. I’ve seen a huge difference between his first game in charge and the last one. PJ is allowed to do a lot more. Time will tell, but it is a bit early to draw any conclusions about his style just yet.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

We did the whole good leader of men thing with Rivera already and pissed away a generational talent at QB

It’s 2022 give me an offensive minded coach to pair with a young QB

So what you are saying is a good leader of men type coach cannot be successful in 2022 at all? They bring nothing to the table as far as a super bowl trophy goes? I see where you are coming from but is it possible his coaching style could be different than Rivera's in that he may be able to leads us to a super bowl win? Does he not seem like the type that would go after a good offensive minded coordinator to kick some ass when we have the ball? I just feel as if we cant miss out on the possibility of someone who could be a great coach for this team based upon not reaching that level of success we wanted with Rivera. He is a different man and not everyone can be categorized and labeled into the exact same mold giving us the exact same results as a previous coach. I really do see what you mean. I personally just feel there may be something special about Wilks we really should at the very least consider IF the team finishes strong. All really depends on how we finish and if they keep that higher energy and continue to look like they actually want to go hard.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are we pretending Wilks isn't a retread?

If Tepper can't land a top candidate then I hate to say it but we're fuged. It basically means guys with other options don't wanna work for him.

I wouldn't consider one season a retread. Then again he's not my first or second option either. 

3 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I dunno. I think you are giving us too much credit atm. People are really overrating PJ around here right now. I like him and am very happy for him but  he’s nowhere near the QB Goff or Pickett are. And teams are still adjusting to game planning for PJ at QB and a power runner inserted into the offense in Foreman. 

A healthy Lions I see finishing ahead. They are amongst the highest scoring teams in the entire league, they just can’t get stops. And they’ve been doing that without their two best offensive weapons for half the year. At some point their defense will get a turnover or two to swing a couple of games in their favor. The only team I think that is truly worse than us are the Texans. 

I never underestimate us shooting ourselves in the foot. Still it's a bit of a cakewalk. This team is still a 6 win team and hasn't been totally gutted like it should have been. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

Who knows weren’t in the building but  surely he signed off at some degree 

If I remember correctly he wanted Josh Allen. The Rosen pick was done by the GM and Wilks had little say in it. There has been a couple of articles about it in the past. His Arizona experience was a poo show due to the GM, and it continues to be.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Martin said:

If I remember correctly he wanted Josh Allen. The Rosen pick was done by the GM and Wilks had little say in it. There has been a couple of articles about it in the past. His Arizona experience was a poo show due to the GM, and it continues to be.

Hope this is true if he gets the main gig here going forward. That being said Allen could of very well went the other way without proper coaching and getting weapons around him