• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The Seahawks haven't been a very well ran organization for awhile now. Trading two firsts for an in the box safety is a lot different than reading two firsts for a young edge rusher to pair with Aaron Donald.

Yea but your argument is because a team is willing to give 2 1sts for Burns, he must be elite and the Panthers would be dumb to trade him.  I point out an example that disproves that and you just dismiss it.  Okay.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

How many times are you going to post in this thread dude? You are way too hype and you are going to have to flip out when it may not happen. And you keep saying Fitts ruined the team with Darnold when everyone knows he just now has real final roster say. There was an article that laid out how Rhule had final roster say and outlined all of the Darnold deal. I have seen Burns blow up plays and I have seen him washed out by TEs. It is good compensation, but it is also two years down the road. You have to be more even keeled or you are going to be super disappointed. 

So you're prompting me to post again? That seems counterproductive to your wants for this thread. What do I care if you think I'm too hyped and posting too much? You opinion means literally nothing to me.

• Poo 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

The point is you don't pay good players like they are elite players.  It's a ticket to going nowhere fast.  It's not that hard to connect these dots.

We dont even know how much Burns' contract is going to be... so you as a fan want to trade him because of an assumption?

20 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

2 years is near enough I don't expect a collapse... Frankly the picks would probably be higher in the first a bit after that, haha 

They are already teetering on the edge and if they waste their closest 1st rounders on a DE/Edge guy in line for a major payday then it would not take a lot to make them go over the edge by next year. They already can't keep up with contenders and Burns wouldn't fix their issues. They are already a fringe playoff team at best at this point with their QB deteriorating. If they don't find a good replacement they won't even be a fringe playoff team next year. We just need a pick way before 2024 if we are sending Burns away. 

Just now, Panthering said:

I wouldn't trade Burns for the Rams offer but I'll admit it seems pretty fair and wouldn't hold it against them for taking it. I'd just rather keep some good players on this team who are already good lol. I'd like to win some games. 

Any future first rounder is considered a 2nd round pick in the value charts. So we would be givin up burns for 2 2nds.

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yea but your argument is because a team is willing to give 2 1sts for Burns, he must be elite and the Panthers would be dumb to trade him.  I point out an example that disproves that and you just dismiss it.  Okay.

Trade value is a lot like basic economics. A player is worth whatever somebody will pay for them.

Granted, it helps sometimes if the person who's paying is dumb.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

What are the Panthers waiting for to trade Burns? 3 first rounders? If you get two firsts and a 2023 mid rounder it’s a no brainer to me, that’s way more than he’s worth

It may be that the deal included some picks being sent back by the Panthers much like the Mack deal. We get the headlines of the 2 first rounders but there is almost certainly more to it than that.

• Beer 1