• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the NFL Schedule TNF w/ Panthers This Week on Purpose re: Black Panther 2?

tukafan21

Black Panther 2 has had it's current release date since 2021, so clearly well before the schedule was made.

The league had to know about our plans for a Black Helmet this year before the schedule was finalized (knowing most of those things get debuted on TNF)

It can't be a coincidence that we're playing on TNF the day the movie hits theaters and also we are debuting the black helmets with the all black uniforms, right?

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Black Panther 2 has had it's current release date since 2021, so clearly well before the schedule was made.

The league had to know about our plans for a Black Helmet this year before the schedule was finalized (knowing most of those things get debuted on TNF)

It can't be a coincidence that we're playing on TNF the day the movie hits theaters and also we are debuting the black helmets with the all black uniforms, right?

No.  However I will be seeing that Thursday instead of the game so there’s that.  

2 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

No.  However I will be seeing that Thursday instead of the game so there’s that.  

Amateur lol

Clearly have to find a way to see an early evening showing and still home in time for the game.  As long as you catch a 5:30 showing or earlier, you can still be home in time for the game, thats my plan.

I do like how they do that with these big new movies now, my area is having showings starting at 3 PM on Thursday, so much better than when they used to wait until literally midnight a few years back, that was rough.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I would not want to use this team to advertise anything

Fair right now, but pre-season, we were a popular pick to take a jump forward and possibly even challenge for a playoff spot.  

Particularly after we added Baker, and yes, while the schedule was made before that trade, also pretty clear the league figured we'd end up with Baker in the end as I think they scheduled us to play them week 1 on purpose, just like last year with Darnold and the Jets.