• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official hey the Panthers are wearing black helmets GameDay Thread!

Zod

6 minutes ago, Alemanders said:

I might be an idiot but i just cant wrap my brain around losing and thinking its a good thing.

God forbid the rest of the team plays well when all we need is a QB and a couple other pieces. We gotta deal with the 10 people that think 180 pound Bryce or leadfoot CJ Stroud are going to save our team next year though. It's not a draft you envy being top 5 in, probably can't even trade back out of the top 5 this year for more picks. The best player is a 230 pound DE

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Alemanders said:

I might be an idiot but i just cant wrap my brain around losing and thinking its a good thing.

It is quite simple really. Winning means nothing aka meaningless. Losing actually means something, like the ability to actually build a good team and not be stuck in mediocrity. 
This team isn’t a playoff team. Even if they somehow snuck into the playoffs they would get their butts handed to them by a team that deserves to be in the playoffs. 
But hey at least we got into the playoffs right? 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

God forbid the rest of the team plays well when all we need is a QB and a couple other pieces. We gotta deal with the 10 people that think 180 pound Bryce or leadfoot CJ Stroud are going to save our team next year though. It's not a draft you envy being top 5 in, probably can't even trade back out of the top 5 this year for more picks. The best player is a 230 pound DE

im down for pj/baker/matt next year. We made our pick and never got to develop it.

Im pretty ignorant in current college qbs, but has anyone flashed so far?

• Pie 1

i don't think a few draft positions is going to make that big of a difference. the same handful of teams get the first pick every year but rarely get better, we don't want to become one of them just hoping to draft that exact right player that'll turn everything around.

long term winning teams comes from ownership, culture, coaching, and their strategies on how to run a franchise.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

It is quite simple really. Winning means nothing aka meaningless. Losing actually means something, like the ability to actually build a good team and not be stuck in mediocrity. 
This team isn’t a playoff team. Even if they somehow snuck into the playoffs they would get their butts handed to them by a team that deserves to be in the playoffs. 
But hey at least we got into the playoffs right? 

My entire arguement is the understanding of that point. Im talking about the actual people and the mentality that that logic implements. You dont lose out to get better picks because its humans you are dealing with.

the browns are the best example of this. they suck every year for a qb and never got it right, while tanking every year.

Just now, rodeo said:

i don't think a few draft positions is going to make that big of a difference. the same handful of teams get the first pick every year but rarely get better, we don't want to become one of them just hoping to draft that exact right player that'll turn everything around.

long term winning teams comes from ownership, culture, coaching, and their strategies on how to run a franchise.

True enough, except the reality is that Panthers are not a winning franchise. We're not the Chiefs, or the Ravens.

We're the 5 win team.

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You can trade down. You can draft a non-QB.

There's no benefit to drafting lower on the board for a non-playoff team. None. Zero.

3 minutes ago, Alemanders said:

My entire arguement is the understanding of that point. Im talking about the actual people and the mentality that that logic implements. You dont lose out to get better picks because its humans you are dealing with.

the browns are the best example of this. they suck every year for a qb and never got it right, while tanking every year.

The teams that suck perennially suck because they can't build a good organization because the owner ultimately sucks. And THAT is my biggest fear for the Panthers. Because so far Tepper is looking like he sucks. Hard.

• Beer 1