• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If I recall you were low on him in the draft were you not? I'm not going to change your opinion clearly just as you are not going to change mine. Neither of us can say when or if at all he will develop into a full package starting quarterback but as it stands moving forward now he looks like he has plenty of talent for the position so the question is can he put it all together in Chicago of all places. And using that situation as a learning experience the lesson moving forward should be that we are not in a position to pass on anymore quarterbacks for defensive players.

Just now, frankw said:

If I recall you were low on him in the draft were you not? I'm not going to change your opinion clearly just as you are not going to change mine. Neither of us can say when or if at all he will develop into a full package starting quarterback but as it stands moving forward now he looks like he has plenty of talent for the position so the question is can he put it all together in Chicago [Carolina] of all places. And using that situation as a learning experience the lesson moving forward should be that we are not in a position to pass on anymore quarterbacks for defensive players.

I thought Fields was a very gifted athlete that plays the QB position above average.  So far, that's panning out as most of his highlights are with his legs.  Exhibit A, in the posts above.

Now, switch Chicago in that statement to Carolina and see if it makes any sense, whatsoever, to draft a QB this April.

27 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I thought Fields was a very gifted athlete that plays the QB position above average.  So far, that's panning out as most of his highlights are with his legs.  Exhibit A, in the posts above.

Now, switch Chicago in that statement to Carolina and see if it makes any sense, whatsoever, to draft a QB this April.

Oh stop it now you're just saying that because we are discussing a QB who you are not personally in love with. You guys need to retire this mentality. Who gives a poo what college a guy played for or his playstyle. You shoot your shot when the opportunity presents itself. That is what we can should and will do in April if we have any sense.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh stop it now you're just saying that because we are discussing a QB who you are not personally in love with. You guys need to retire this mentality. Who gives a poo what college a guy played for or his playstyle. You shoot your shot when the opportunity presents itself. That is what we can should and will do in April if we have any sense.

They will draft a qb this time around.  The biggest worry will be who is selecting said qb. I do not think enough fans are thinking about that fact. Until the FO staff and coaches are settled nothing else matters.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They will draft a qb this time around.  The biggest worry will be who is selecting said qb. I do not think enough fans are thinking about that fact. Until the FO staff and coaches are settled nothing else matters.

So a rookie staff is the best to figure out who their franchise QB is?  This isn't Cam at #1. It's not that cut and dry.  We are looking at Levis and potentially Richardson--the later as this QB class continues to dry up, his stock is only going to skyrocket.   A lot of these college QBs with eligibility left are going back to school.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So a rookie staff is the best to figure out who their franchise QB is?  This isn't Cam at #1. It's not that cut and dry.  We are looking at Levis and potentially Richardson--the later as this QB class continues to dry up, his stock is only going to skyrocket.   A lot of these college QBs with eligibility left are going back to school.

I don't know if a new staff will change anything.  But they will be the people selecting the qb not the fans. You all can argue until you are blue in the face as to who they should take if you want but it's pointless. Until a new staff is in place we will not have a clue who they may go after in the draft. I'm not going to argue over who they should take. I will be trying to guess who we may be taking when the dust settles after it's all over. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't know if a new staff will change anything.  But they will be the people selecting the qb not the fans. You all can argue until you are blue in the face as to who they should take if you want but it's pointless. Until a new staff is in place we will not have a clue who they may go after in the draft. I'm not going to argue over who they should take. I will be trying to guess who we may be taking when the dust settles after it's all over. 

We all guess, man.  Some of us just actually devote a little time to making our guesses more educated and others just shoot from the hip because that's what feels/sounds correct in their head.  That's a dig a the Huddle at large--not you personally.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

We all guess, man.  Some of us just actually devote a little time to making our guesses more educated and others just shoot from the hip because that's what feels/sounds correct in their head.  That's a dig a the Huddle at large--not you personally.

It's all a guessing game. It's impossible to know what we will do until a new staff is in place.  

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'll give you a bit of a history lesson since you're a newer fan. We had a guy here for many years here by the name of Chris Gamble who was a very solid corner in his own right. Some would say he was even underappreciated. At the end of the day we didn't win poo meaningful because of him or anyone else in our secondary. In 2015 when we went to the Super Bowl we went with guys like Josh Norman Charles Tillman Kurt Coleman and Roman Harper. All of whom were basically washed up not long thereafter. I like Jaycee just fine but he won't ever be able to overcome underwhelming quarterback play.

It's ironic how your metric is "winning" while simultaneously touting a QB who is 5-18 so far in his career and has lost 9 out of his last 10 games.  Why the selectivity when it comes to winning?  By your logic of record being the end-all be-all, you're ironically making the case that your boy Darnold is a better QB than Fields lol is that what you believe?  Fields is a damn exciting player to watch and it's looking like we may very well regret passing him up, but at the end of the day if he's pulling off these weekly miraculous highlight plays but not actually able to win games for his team then what's the point?  It's almost like supporting cast matters...except apparently only for a guy like Fields but not for a guy like Horn or Gamble.  You can't have it both ways.

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's ironic how your metric is "winning" while simultaneously touting a QB who is 5-18 so far in his career and has lost 9 out of his last 10 games.  Why the selectivity when it comes to winning?  By your logic of record being the end-all be-all, you're ironically making the case that your boy Darnold is a better QB than Fields lol is that what you believe?  Fields is a damn exciting player to watch and it's looking like we may very well regret passing him up, but at the end of the day if he's pulling off these weekly miraculous highlight plays but not actually able to win games for his team then what's the point?  It's almost like supporting cast matters...except apparently only for a guy like Fields but not for a guy like Horn or Gamble.  You can't have it both ways.

Darnold is an established bust with now two different teams in his fifth NFL season. He might be a backup that's about it. We didn't draft him we do not owe him the opportunity to keep giving him chances and we've already given him 18 million dollars. Why you want to equate him with Justin who is only in his second season is strange but do you I guess. Fields has loads of potential and he's on a rookie contract in a league where guys like Mahomes are making MLB money now. We passed on him and we cannot afford to make the same mistake this year. That's all I've got to say.

that bucs game had the most insane 3rd ive witness, glad it happened to tom.

end of the pats/ raiders, reminded me of the bills titans game. I used to listen to a degenerate gambler that hosted a radio show. Ben mullar, what a damaged soul but entertaining. He lost his damn mind when it happened live on air, too funny......at one point he had a segment in which he took on the "coin"....many times the coin won the weekend over ben, miss the old feels.