• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Recent QB Draft Classes

DaveThePanther2008

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

You like so many on here have been wrong so much I've lost count

Name one that I haven't admitted to.  I admitted Fields is better but there isn't anything else.

Go ahead I'm waiting?  

What I find hilarious is that all you you that are defending Lance are the same ones that are calling Corral a bust.  

Lance had a full season to understudy and looked abysmal in his 1st start.  He received plenty of reps and yet Corral who received zero reps with the 1st or 2nd team.  He's a bust.

Got it. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

53 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Doubt it.  Lance did not impress me before the draft and he didn't show much after being an understudy for an entire year.  He started running as soon as pressure came up on him.  He'll get figured out and he'll bust.

SF tried so hard to get rid of Jimmy G.  They are so lucky because if Lance had stayed healthy they would have been in a worse situation than us. 

Yet you literally called him a bust after game 1.

52 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Name one that I haven't admitted to.  I admitted Fields is better but there isn't anything else.

Go ahead I'm waiting?  

What I find hilarious is that all you you that are defending Lance are the same ones that are calling Corral a bust.  

Lance had a full season to understudy and looked abysmal in his 1st start.  He received plenty of reps and yet Corral who received zero reps with the 1st or 2nd team.  He's a bust.

Got it. 

Nobody that I have seen is calling him a bust.  What most rational people are saying is that no new coaching staff is going into next year having to rely on MC for multiple reasons which have been spoonfed to you a dozen times yet you refuse to take your fingers out of your ears to process it.   A new staff is going to more then likely draft a guy in the first, sign a vet in march and go from there.  I suspect the drafted qb, depending on how he looks will be handed the job as this is the way in the nfl.  If he is not immediately given the job then the vet starts until he is ready.  I seriously doubt MC gets any meaningful practice time next training camp as he will be so far behind. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Flames 1

This came out a few mins ago

I wanted Justin fields and when Rhule passed on him, I knew he was an idiot…  gotta gave a QB in the NFL  I’ll never forget Fields getting almost cut in two by that hit in the NCAA semi final …looked like his rib cage was dislocated..from the Clemson defender   He gets up and throws a TD pass.  He willed them to that win  he was hurt in the final and it showed

gotta have that toughness, that desire for competition in the NFL   The Bears are finally set at QB for long time  …and here we are   

whoever they pick at QB, it needs to be a guy who gets bigger in the biggest games, not smaller    If they pick that guy from Kentucky, my head will explode 

image.thumb.png.60e16c6cda051471a015b1f8e408242b.png

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

averaging less than 150 yards passing and 0-3 during that stretch. I just don't see it from him 

If he is throwing TDs when pass plays are called and has a great rating over this 4-5 game stretch what else is he suppose to do?  He isn't going to audible from a run play that his HC is calling.  When his number is called he is delivering.  His offense has 29 (against the top defense), 32, and 30 points over his past 3 losses.  Call me crazy but that isn't a QB issue IMO...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If he is throwing TDs when pass plays are called and has a great rating over this 4-5 game stretch what else is he suppose to do?  He isn't going to audible from a run play that his HC is calling.  When his number is called he is delivering.  His offense has 29 (against the top defense), 32, and 30 points over his past 3 losses.  Call me crazy but that isn't a QB issue IMO...

Def worth revisiting at the end of the year but as of right now I don’t see the hype outside of highlight runs. We clearly have a connection to him since we passed in the draft 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

This came out a few mins ago

I wanted Justin fields and when Rhule passed on him, I knew he was an idiot…  gotta gave a QB in the NFL  I’ll never forget Fields getting almost cut in two by that hit in the NCAA semi final …looked like his rib cage was dislocated..from the Clemson defender   He gets up and throws a TD pass.  He willed them to that win  he was hurt in the final and it showed

gotta have that toughness, that desire for competition in the NFL   The Bears are finally set at QB for long time  …and here we are   

whoever they pick at QB, it needs to be a guy who gets bigger in the biggest games, not smaller    If they pick that guy from Kentucky, my head will explode 

image.thumb.png.60e16c6cda051471a015b1f8e408242b.png

Do we have a 7th or not?  Some sites say yes, and others no.  I think the confusion is from the Andre Smith trade to the Bills.  It was conditional 7th rounder and I don't think the condition was met, therefore the pick is void for us and the Bills kept it. Our original 7th rounder was part of the Shenault trade.

Edited by 45catfan

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Def worth revisiting at the end of the year but as of right now I don’t see the hype outside of highlight runs. We clearly have a connection to him since we passed in the draft 

That TD pass to Mooney was a thing of beauty. Hell, the incomplete pass to end the game against the Commanders was a terrific throw. Mooney just bobbled it. Then again, the pass on the run to ESB on 4th down a game ago was a perfect ball and dude just dropped it. Elite level throw but his guy just dropped it. Which happens. But if you’re only seeing highlight runs maybe it’s because he’s had two 60+ yard runs in the past two weeks and there are hall of fame level running backs that have never had two 60+ yard runs. So people are impressed with his rushing ability. 

• Pie 2