• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Recent QB Draft Classes

DaveThePanther2008

Look at the 2021 NFL draft

1. Lawrence - has not lived up to the Hype.  Jacksonville is a mess and no telling his ceiling.

2. Wilson - Looks pretty solid but I wouldn't call him Franchise yet

3. Lance - SF made a huge mistake.  Hasn't played much and when he did, he got hurt and was running when he got into trouble.

11. Fields - at the moment probably the best QB in his class. BTW I was an opponent of Fields but he's showing he is going to be around a long time. So, I eat a bit of crow on that one. 

15. Jones - Not spectacular but has New England 1 game out of 1st.

If you had to judge them to date.  Fields, Jones, Wilson, Lawrence, Lance.   

What I take away from 2021 is Tanking for a QB doesn't necessarily answer your problems.  The best QB in this draft IMO is Fields. 

20. Pickett he's a rookie and hasn't been too bad but not great either. One of their wins was because of Trubisky not Pickett.  IMO Trubisky looks much better than Pickett but as I said Pickett is a rookie.

74 Ridder hasn't seen much playing time.  I would expect him to play once Atlanta is eliminated from the playoffs.

86 Willis has started a couple of games and doesn't look too good.  Time will tell

94. Corral we all know his situation still an unknown

137 Zappe has been up and down but has played well at times

144 Howell hasn't started yet and Heinke is starting ahead of him.  Probably being brought along slowly

If you had to judge them to date.  Pickett, Zappe, Willis, with Corral, Howell and Ridder as unknowns.

I don't see Washington or Atlanta scrambling to get a QB in this upcoming draft

Though many want a QB in this draft I won't be surprised to see us going elsewhere with our #1 pick or trading down and gaining assets for next year. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 3

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Look at the 2021 NFL draft

3. Lance - SF made a huge mistake.  Hasn't played much and when he did, he got hurt and was running when he got into trouble.

LOL You called him a bust after one game in a fuging hurricane.  You are a complete joke

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Carson wentz and baker mayfield went to the playoffs their second and third seasons….  They must have been great picks for those two franchises!

Pretty much.

And given the chatter about Lance, even if they still chose to draft him I seriously question whether the 49ers would make that trade again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

Zach Wilson has looked anything but solid. He’s been more indicative of a bust than anyone else in that class. Jets record be damned.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, he's not a disaster, but "solid" might be a bit generous.

The jets elevated Mike White last week for a reason… now that he is healthy, I think Wilson is on a short leash.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

The jets elevated Mike White last week for a reason… now that he is healthy, I think Wilson is on a short leash.

The boy gets very skittish once the ball is snapped and has a very tough time going through progressions. Comes to show how prospects that bloom out of nowhere aren’t always Burrows. He’s just never felt in command on offense, not NFL starter level at all.

IMO—That class is looking like one okay to have passed on even with 5 QBs going in R1.  It’s funny, the two that still have hope are the two original hyped guys (for a few years, they were): Lawrence and Fields.

Lawrence though, Jax may be ruining him and his arm surprisingly seems meh in the big leagues.

Burrow & Tua are the best in the last 3 classes. Herbert is falling behind them a bit with Hurts catching up…makes me wonder if Steichen is the key with those last two in LAC and PHI. That class has 4 top dudes.

Comes to show—in college maybe it’s all about going for the obvious guy putting games on his back, a big arm, & against top competition. Not the guy hitting all the measurables on a middling squad that looks good in shorts.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Carson wentz and baker mayfield went to the playoffs their second and third seasons….  They must have been great picks for those two franchises!

I am certain the Eagles were very happy with the Wentz pick. They won a Super Bowl. And the Browns were probably happy with the Baker pick as he helped them change the culture and get to the playoffs for the first time in forever. At this point here I’d settle for the first guy to lead us to back to back winning record seasons. Since we haven’t done that yet. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1