• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ has sprain. Baker to start.

ChuckWag78

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

As unquestioned starters?  Agree 100%.  As depth on a cheap 1-2 year deal?  I wouldn't mind the better of the two. That's why we have to see which one is worth keeping, we aren't keeping both.

You seem to have a lot of faith in Corral and some rookie QB who likely will not be Young nor Stroud.

I dont have faith in MC but I think a new staff is going to sign someone not named Baker or Darnold come march.  Both of those dudes just suck ass and 7 games isnt going to change my opinion of them at all.  I dont want either near a shiny new rookie qb.  

Some of you guys might want to prepare yourselves.

We have 3 home games in which we should be favored - Lions, Steelers, and Broncos.

We have 2 games which we will almost surely lose - At Ravens and At Seattle.

Our last 2 games are At Tampa and At Saints - both of which could be toss ups.

While Baker certainly underperformed under Rhule, he is a competent QB.  We could win 5 more games.  This is not likely, and will not get us in the playoffs, but we'd be looking at picking around 11-15.  If Mayfield does win 5 of 7, I could see us offering a modest 2 year, 20m deal and drafting Richardson in the early teens.

Oh and Eason was cut a few weeks ago.

• Beer 2

Not to disrupt the apathy train in here, but I am looking forward to seeing Baker playing again. The guy was signed late, had a short time to learn the playbook, and above all else, had Rhule as his HC. Everything has looked better since Rhule left the building, and that included PJ (lest we forget the past seasons with PJ's play). 

I feel like we will see better play from Baker, and even Sam for that matter. The team looks like an actual football team again, and not some junior college team. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 4

Just now, Ghostface Chilla said:

Not to disrupt the apathy train in here, but I am looking forward to seeing Baker playing again. The guy was signed late, had a short time to learn the playbook, and above all else, had Rhule as his HC. Everything has looked better since Rhule left the building, and that included PJ (lest we forget the past seasons with PJ's play). 

I feel like we will see better play from Baker, and even Sam for that matter. The team looks like an actual football team again, and not some junior college team. 

I am trying to think like this. It’s tough, but let’s see what Baker has now. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'm worried about ever seen Mayfield play for the Panthers again. He's poo. 

He looked pretty good against the Cinci 1st team while they were left in. Dropped a dime on 4th down for a TD in between defenders. PJ isn't doing that and Darnold isn't either. He's not awful as this sub has makes him appear to be. He played his worst football under Rhule just like every other player has. Rhule also did him no favors by not playing Bozeman or trying to run the ball with Foreman. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Bingo and why Stroud CERTAINLY and likely Young will be off the board by our pick after 2-4 more wins.  So we are going to hang our hat on Levis/Hooker and Corral?  Nah, won't happen.  So if you loath Baker and/or Sam, sorry, people might want to prepare themselves for one of them to be back.

I can see the preseason roster looking something like this (NOT a depth chart): Baker/Sam, Corral, PJ and rookie QB.

Edited by 45catfan

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Bingo and why Stroud CERTAINLY and likely Young will be off the board by our pick after 2-4 more wins.  So we are going to hang our hat on Levis/Hooker and Corral?  Nah, son't happen.  So if you loath Baker and/or Sam, sorry, people might want to prepare themselves for one of them to be back.

I can see the preseason roster looking something like this (NOT a depth chart): Baker/Sam, Corral, PJ and rookie QB.

I think it would be baker but I still doubt it.   Sounds like tepper is pretty disgusted by the entire darnold fiasco and wants a clean break from it.   I wonder what a 2 year deal would look like with baker

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I think it would be baker but I still doubt it.   Sounds like tepper is pretty disgusted by the entire darnold fiasco and wants a clean break from it.   I wonder what a 2 year deal would look like with baker

It depends on his market.  I think we let him test the market first and match/slightly better it.  I doubt he gets offered starting gig anywhere.

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

For those worried about the future pick for Baker, I believe we are past the point where the higher pick would kick in. This is NFL Week 11 that we are heading into, and Baker only played the first 5 weeks. So with 7 games left even if he starts I don't believe he qualifies, I saw a breakdown that went into detail somewhere, but even still if he could the team would sit him if needed towards the end of the year. 

I'd anticipate a Sam Darnold start or two in the final weeks with the guise of ''to see what we have''. 

We are close, but not quite there yet.

Baker has missed 267 of the 582 offensive snaps. If we project out those 582 snaps for an entire season we get ~989 total offensive snaps. 30% of 989 is 297 snaps meaning the team is about 30 snaps or 1/2 a game away from being "safe". I assume they would just sit Baker week 18 if it came to it.

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 2