• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That and the simple fact that both Cam and Fields have a higher career completion % than Staubach who he is claiming is more accurate… He is just pulling poo out of his ass like when he said Josh Allen isn’t a dual threat QB or Darnold is more physically talented than Richardson. It’s complete nonsense.

I mean pulling out Roger Staubach is bizarre.  His last season was 43 yrs ago.  😀

Johnny Unitas was good too

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

He was good enough to win but only because the running game was carrying the  offense. We obviously conservative with him again and limited his throws.

The first DJ Td was nice, the long DJ pass was nice, TMJ pass was nice. He threw 19 times. Russ threw like 35 times for nothing that looked nice

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That and the simple fact that both Cam and Fields have a higher career completion % than Staubach who he is claiming is more accurate… He is just pulling poo out of his ass like when he said Josh Allen isn’t a dual threat QB or Darnold is more physically talented than Richardson. It’s complete nonsense.

You are just being intellectually dishonest. 

Cam Newton is nowhere close to Staubach. 

Many considered him the best QB of his decade and he's in the Hall. 

It was also when QBs were actual men. 

You could hit them anywhere and they gave you 3 steps as a defender to hit them after they released the ball.

No strike zone. None of this can't hit them in the head. It was open season. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You are just being intellectually dishonest. 

Cam Newton is nowhere close to Staubach. 

Many considered him the best QB of his decade and he's in the Hall. 

It was also when QBs were actual men. 

You could hit them anywhere and they gave you 3 steps as a defender to hit them after they released the ball.

No strike zone. None of this can't hit them in the head. It was open season. 

Staubach was 57% in his career. Cam and Fields are 59%. Those are facts that hurt your argument. Maybe Staubach could hit them from anywhere, but the truth is he only did 57% of the time. Go back to your Darnold trolling.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Sam played well today, and I liked what I saw especially against a good defense.  That said, he looked great the first 3 games of last year and then the wheels fell off.

If he were to somehow lead us to the playoffs, I still wouldn't offer him a big contract.   A modest deal would be the best.  If someone else wants to offer him big money, I'd take the compensation pick over a big money deal.  Too much inconsistency for a big contract.  

If he did play well, I would not draft a QB with our 1st pick.  Maybe our 2nd round pick. I would start the offseason with Darnold and Corral.  

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol and he tried hard with that double clutch staredown and fumble on the run. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

He did have a couple of nice throws, though. He managed to not fug it up for a dominant running and defensive performance.

All in all, as successful as we can hope for from him.

If he didn't double clutch that was probably going to be a pick 6.   He also missed a wide-open DJ that probably would have scored.

He had some mistakes today that he got away with because our running game was on display.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If he didn't double clutch that was probably going to be a pick 6.   He also missed a wide-open DJ that probably would have scored.

He had some mistakes today that he got away with because our running game was on display.

He's also off the bench during a holiday week, the Seattle game will be a better tell of where he's at because they'll put up points but at the same time their D isn't anything special. A good QB should put up good numbers on them

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I mean pulling out Roger Staubach is bizarre.  His last season was 43 yrs ago.  😀

Johnny Unitas was good too

These we great QBs for their Era.  The rules favorited the defense and completion percentage would obviously be lower.  

It would be very interesting to see those two QBs play in this ERA.  Unitas would have had some great number.  Very accurate passer and a great student of the game.   One of the last QBs to call his own plays. 

• Pie 1