• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Baker

TN05

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If we don't draft a qb in the next draft, the fan base is likely to riot.  

You mean the huddle will do it’s usual we didn’t draft a QB this year thing.

I swear, most of these “fans” only care about the draft. And judging by the success rate for recent 1st round QB’s I’ll take a hard pass. 

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You mean the huddle will do it’s usual we didn’t draft a QB this year thing.

I swear, most of these “fans” only care about the draft. And judging by the success rate for recent 1st round QB’s I’ll take a hard pass. 

Personally, I would draft a qb this year.  Yeah, the bust potential is high, but you have to take the risk, because the difficulty level of trying to win without a good qb is very very high.  Only two teams in the last 20 years or so have won a sb without a good qb (Broncos and Eagles).  

With a draftee and Corral in camp, we have two players with at least some potential to starter and be good.  Of course, the odds are still against us, but with the right coach, who knows.    

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, travisura said:

If not drafting in the first round, what would be your ideal route out of the QB doldrums?

I have no clue. We haven’t had and still do not have any clear route to a solid generational starting QB. Of course who Tepper decides on as coach will play a huge roll. I’m just not one to say let’s tank everything for the first pick. Which the chances of the pick being a good QB is in the single digits. 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I have no clue. We haven’t had and still do not have any clear route to a solid generational starting QB. Of course who Tepper decides on as coach will play a huge roll. I’m just not one to say let’s tank everything for the first pick. Which the chances of the pick being a good QB is in the single digits. 

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Personally, I would draft a qb this year.  Yeah, the bust potential is high, but you have to take the risk, because the difficulty level of trying to win without a good qb is very very high.  Only two teams in the last 20 years or so have won a sb without a good qb (Broncos and Eagles).  

With a draftee and Corral in camp, we have two players with at least some potential to starter and be good.  Of course, the odds are still against us, but with the right coach, who knows.    

The bust has been what we’ve been dealing with Rhule for the past few years. He’s been so to speak betting his mortgage on a 2-7. I don’t watch college so I don’t know the potential of these quarterbacks. I’m more so speaking to the incessant nature of the huddle. Even in prime Cam years everyone’s just want a new shiny QB each year. 

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The bust has been what we’ve been dealing with Rhule for the past few years. He’s been so to speak betting his mortgage on a 2-7. I don’t watch college so I don’t know the potential of these quarterbacks. I’m more so speaking to the incessant nature of the huddle. Even in prime Cam years everyone’s just want a new shiny QB each year. 

In some ways, there is an advantage to judging a college football qb without being a fan of college football.  Gives one a bit more objectivity.  

• Pie 1