• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

40 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I can say a guy is a good prospect. You may not have liked "Operation Golden Corral" but it was daring a stupid man to save his job with the only QB on the roster with enough upside to save his job and give people hope in a fresh new blue chip QB.

I have to stand up for the downtrodden. To much hate for that young man on here to sit back and let people spew all kinds of foolishness like they've already seen him play in the NFL and nobody has seen him play in the NFL.

He was damn good in college, not just OK. Give the shade a break.

I'll always root for the underdog. That's Matt Corral and that's always been the Panthers...

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

No one hates Corral people just realise that injured 3rd round QBs with a coaching change isn’t a smart bet for our franchise going forward 

• Pie 8

17 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

No one hates Corral people just realise that injured 3rd round QBs with a coaching change isn’t a smart bet for our franchise going forward 

Right... this is hard to get thru to some posters... I have no issues with Corral and do believe if he's nearly as good as some posters here think he'll have a real shot to show it.

But the reality is he was a project, injured in a critical rookie season, with terrible coaching. Deck is stacked against him to put it lightly going into next season, even if he fits the new coach's scheme. And there's no way a GM or coach leans on him at all moving into the season.

• Pie 3

35 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Right... this is hard to get thru to some posters... I have no issues with Corral and do believe if he's nearly as good as some posters here think he'll have a real shot to show it.

But the reality is he was a project, injured in a critical rookie season, with terrible coaching. Deck is stacked against him to put it lightly going into next season, even if he fits the new coach's scheme. And there's no way a GM or coach leans on him at all moving into the season.

Best ability is availability this would have been the best season to evaluate him but he got injured again can’t count on that

Edited by Aussie Tank
  • Pie 3

These mock drafts are picking up a bit.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-bryce-young-will-anderson-jr-go-with-top-two-picks/

5) Carolina Panthers: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

It hasn’t exactly been envious to be a Panthers fan when it comes to seeing their team’s moves at the quarterback position. It has all been about high cost and low upside so far, and I think it’s about time the Panthers’ faithful see their team take a risk that might be worth taking.

Anthony Richardson has the best traits in this draft class for a quarterback. He has a massive arm, great size, can throw with accuracy while threatening with his legs, and has the attitude of a starting QB in a pro league. Sure, the downsides are stark, and you can almost hear the growing pains he’ll have to go through making the leap from the SEC to the NFL. However, the potential payoff is (significantly) higher than “bottom-tier starter,” like what Panthers fans have had to deal with lately.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

These mock drafts are picking up a bit.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-bryce-young-will-anderson-jr-go-with-top-two-picks/

5) Carolina Panthers: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

It hasn’t exactly been envious to be a Panthers fan when it comes to seeing their team’s moves at the quarterback position. It has all been about high cost and low upside so far, and I think it’s about time the Panthers’ faithful see their team take a risk that might be worth taking.

Anthony Richardson has the best traits in this draft class for a quarterback. He has a massive arm, great size, can throw with accuracy on occasion while threatening with his legs, and has the attitude of a starting QB in a pro league. Sure, the downsides are stark, and you can almost hear the growing pains he’ll have to go through making the leap from the SEC to the NFL. However, the potential payoff is (significantly) higher than “bottom-tier starter,” like what Panthers fans have had to deal with lately.

I fixed it for him. 

On 12/5/2022 at 1:55 PM, Varking said:

We have no talent around him at Florida. Dan Mullen leaving and forgetting to recruit the year before left the team pretty barren. Our two best players on offense were a RG that came from Louisiana with Napier and a RB that came from Louisiana with Napier lol. 

Our #1 WR until He got hurt was a transfer from ASU who had like a 400 yard season the year before. Knowing that, and that we play in the SEC he was never going to put up monster numbers. 

During his last game folks here got to tune in and see a raw player who had the ball hit his WRs in the hands on mostly catchable balls and his completion percentage was terrible. He’s not super accurate but his team majorly let him down and I think his numbers would look a lot better on an NFL team vs the Gators. 

The two guys that came from Louisiana, and his 40 man analyst army, are DAWGSSSSS...

Napier will be great if Florida can give him time.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

I want to cry. This was the #1 target for us and we needed it. We have Rashada coming in as well so it will be a hell of a competition but we still need to pull Leary or Hartman from the portal to hold us over for one season.