• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It ain't about his personality.

I mean, there is an element of it being his personality. He was controversial for always wearing his emotions on his sleeve but that guy loved football and loved winning.

Delhomme was that kind of guy too. Both intense competitors that were always emotional.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, there is an element of it being his personality. He was controversial for always wearing his emotions on his sleeve but that guy loved football and loved winning.

Delhomme was that kind of guy too. Both intense competitors that were always emotional.

Meaning the comparisons between Richardson and Cam Newton aren't personality based.

• Beer 1

I've been on the record of saying I love Richardson's talent and potential.

With that said, we'd be an awful landing spot for him. The Cam comparisons would come hot and heavy along with those types of expectations. He'd be much better off getting drafted by somebody like the Vikings or the Lions where he could sit and learn behind a decent vet for a year or two without the comparisons to a physically similar former NFL MVP hanging over his head.

Cam is his ceiling but let's be honest, Akili Smith is his floor. He's boom or bust. His game is either gonna translate and he's gonna be a stud or it won't and he'll be a total bust. I can't see anything in between. For the record, I said the exact same thing about Cam Newton.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been on the record of saying I love Richardson's talent and potential.

With that said, we'd be an awful landing spot for him. The Cam comparisons would come hot and heavy along with those types of expectations. He'd be much better off getting drafted by somebody like the Vikings or the Lions where he could sit and learn behind a decent vet for a year or two without the comparisons to a physically similar former NFL MVP hanging over his head.

Plus there is the obvious albatross of who would be developing him still to be answered.

TBH, I think maybe our path is a lot more clear when our staff is finalized. Well....and our draft position.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

From 4 Man Rush...

Most of the respondents answered the latter.

He made a poll of it too. Only about 15% said they loved Richardson himself. About half (47%) said they just miss Cam and the other 38% said they'd rather have somebody else.

This is sad, but not surprising. Heck, people are still clamoring for the Panthers to bring Newton back. So, having what they consider a clone would be the next best thing.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Plus there is the obvious albatross of who would be developing him still to be answered.

TBH, I think maybe our path is a lot more clear when our staff is finalized. Well....and our draft position.

For sure.

I won't be surprised to see the Giants all over Richardson. Daboll is the guy who developed Josh Allen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Varking said:

If you want to actually break them down, they aren’t similar players coming out of college. 

Probably not, but that doesn't matter to some.

I've said before there are certain fans who, any time they see an athletic quarterback, think it's Cam come back to them.

Some folks don't seem to get how unique Newton was.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 12/6/2022 at 11:57 PM, mav1234 said:

Right... this is hard to get thru to some posters... I have no issues with Corral and do believe if he's nearly as good as some posters here think he'll have a real shot to show it.

But the reality is he was a project, injured in a critical rookie season, with terrible coaching. Deck is stacked against him to put it lightly going into next season, even if he fits the new coach's scheme. And there's no way a GM or coach leans on him at all moving into the season.

Had it until there. Again, NOBODY knows that yet. 

It's very likely we see Matt Corral play. Matt Rhule's stupidity shouldn't be going such a long way to color a player a bust before his first official snap.

Why is the deck stacked against him. He's the only QB under contract next season and a friggin BARGAIN for once. Why wouldn't the Panthers play him after his been soaking up paychecks and rehab for a year by the time takes a snap.

A guy who's been on the payroll that the organization moved up to draft, the QB1 on McAdoo's big board, arguably the best QB in the SEC in 2021? That guy isn't playing?

Come On Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

He's playing. He'll probably get an opportunity even with a new coach. They may even like him enough to interview Lane Kiffin, then there would absolutely be no question. Harbaugh would probably like Corrals skillset too.

The Panthers are going to more than just kick the tires on Corral. They're going to see what they've got and we will too.

Screenshot_20221010-140330~2.png

• Pie 1