• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's about where I'm at.  I'd use a 2nd on him.

He won't be there in the second. It's going to take a first round pick to get Richardson because there are too many QB needy teams. That's the same reason Stroud and Levis will go in the first despite their play. Levis seems like a bad QB despite the measurables and Stroud can't play well if he gets any little bit of pressure in his face.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He can't hit the broadside of a barn

What good is a cannon if you miss?

Completion % is very sketchy. I didn't think he'd declare but he did, so I'll take a look.

Not everyone is Cam. Cam was a very good QB coming out, especially pushing the ball down field AND he was an elite run threat.

Cam had a 64.5% completions at Auburn that year he played 14 games.

Richardson is mid 50% I think so definitely not Cam.

Cam is a career 59.9% completion passer as an NFL player after being 64.5% in college.

If we're being serious Richardson should be a high risk second, third. Not a first rounder if we use Cam as a metric.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

He won't be there in the second. It's going to take a first round pick to get Richardson because there are too many QB needy teams. That's the same reason Stroud and Levis will go in the first despite their play. Levis seems like a bad QB despite the measurables and Stroud can't play well if he gets any little bit of pressure in his face.

Then let someone else reach on him.  People said the same stuff about Malik Willis last year and he lasted until the 3rd round.  And that was not a good class.

• Pie 1

Accuracy is the key to a good QB in the NFL over most factors.  Drew Brees too short but could put a ball anywhere.  Richardson and other very athletic quarterbacks have not had to rely on this as they are able to create without having to be accurate.  I don't see what all the hype is about.  Does no good to throw it 50 yards if it does not hit its intended target.  I've watched him play a lot and unless someone can get his to forget all the bad footwork habits etc I just don't see him panning out.  When it is flight or fight time they all revert back to the bad habits in the heat of the moment.  

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol I never have.

I wanted Penix in the 2nd.

The Coastal kid doesn't have enough velocity. I've been saying that all season.

I'm in the wait till next year camp 

My apologies dude. I got you confused with 45catfan. I checked the posts.

Anyway, the Panthers can't keep putting off taking a chance on a QB. If they think one or more of this year's crop are worth a first round pick, they're going to have to bite the bullet and pull the trigger no matter what we think.

41 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think it's incredibly unrealistic to expect AR to come in immediately and perform better than he did in the college level.  The NFL is more difficult to be successful at QB full stop, and he is very raw as a prospect.

He probably won't perform well right away unless we use a simplified offense and become a power running team kind of like the Eagles did/are doing for Hurts early on.  I think the thought is there is a big talent game from his the talent around him in Florida (this year) and his opponents in the SEC.  So (in theory) s the talent gap shouldn't be as big in the NFL.  

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But his hit may be the adverse.  Could be a josh allen nfc clone if done correctly.  Odds are squarely against that but fug it, lets have some fun.   At the baseline, the absolute baseline, he would put fannies in seats and at least be interesting for a short period.   I think once people start watching his highlights and see just how big and fast he is along with probably a top 3 arm in the nfl then folks are going to start to take notice

Well we are tracking pretty heavily towards the 1999-2017 Cleveland Browns and that is about as Cleveland Browns of a pick as I can imagine.

It is pretty much on brand, TBQH.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we are tracking pretty heavily towards the 1999-2017 Cleveland Browns and that is about as Cleveland Browns of a pick as I can imagine.

It is pretty much on brand, TBQH.

If we have the right HC I will be very intrigued with AR. Wilks would be an example of a HC to NOT draft AR with.  We would need some weapons as well.  Diggs did wonders for Allen's development.  

• Flames 1