• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankers

Sir Purr

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Playoff football in 1985.

Yeah, that it. When it comes to Playoff Football. You have to be able to run the ball. We have proven to be just fine in that area. You have to have a decent to great D. We have also proven to have that. All your QB has to do is hit a few passes, and not turn the ball over. 

That is Playoff Football. And that is the game we saw today.

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Yeah, that it. When it comes to Playoff Football. You have to be able to run the ball. We have proven to be just fine in that area. You have to have a decent to great D. We have also proven to have that. All your QB has to do is hit a few passes, and not turn the ball over. 

That is Playoff Football. And that is the game we saw today.

Last 3 SB champs and their rushing ranking:

Rams - 25th

Bucs - 29th

Chiefs - 24th

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Smithers said:

They aren’t real fans anyways.  No need to check in on them 

lol just a hilariously stupid comment.

best case scenario, this team makes the playoffs (highly unlikely), and has zero shot at doing anything meaningful when they play real competition. 

their draft position will only push them further away from having a chance to draft their franchise QB, and will be back to deciding between brining back darnold or some other bus from another franchise.

hope everyone loves being stuck in football purgatory, while the young talent continues to get older and their prime years get wasted due to guys like teddy bridgewater, sam darnold, baker mayfield, etc.

keep pounding 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

I'm not sure I was pro-tank as much as I was pro-get-a-franchise QB-with-only-one-pick. I personally think Young is one but that's my opinion. So now I'm pro-winning every game, then pro-not being satisfied with wherever the draft position is. Like @Aussie Tank said, maybe we just got a bunch of picks back to send them the Houston or Chicago to get our guy, 'cause Darnold ain't it.

Or, for our bargain-hunting lovers, maybe 15 or 17 or wherever we land is for sale and we start collecting picks for '24 and make a move then. That may be a better option, especially if we can end up like Seattle and Detroit with the Broncos and Rams picks.

5 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

lol just a hilariously stupid comment.

best case scenario, this team makes the playoffs (highly unlikely), and has zero shot at doing anything meaningful when they play real competition. 

their draft position will only push them further away from having a chance to draft their franchise QB, and will be back to deciding between brining back darnold or some other bus from another franchise.

hope everyone loves being stuck in football purgatory, while the young talent continues to get older and their prime years get wasted due to guys like teddy bridgewater, sam darnold, baker mayfield, etc.

keep pounding 

Yeah, this is not the year to win a dreadful division with a bad record. If we had our QB I'd be all about it. But we need a fuging QB. The higher pick we have the more potential options we'll have. It's really that simple for me.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Last 3 SB champs and their rushing ranking:

Rams - 25th

Bucs - 29th

Chiefs - 24th

Tampa Bay had Fournette. They had a very good ground game.

The Rams had Ekler who had what? Almost 2000yds?

KC had McMannis, or Mcsomething another good back.

All had very good ground games. 

You don't want to be 1 dimensional in the Playoffs. It's just easier to Run to set up the pass, than to pass to set up the run. Just ask Rodgers. 

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Tampa Bay had Fournette. They had a very good ground game.

The Rams had Ekler who had what? Almost 2000yds?

KC had McMannis, or Mcsomething another good back.

All had very good ground games. 

You don't want to be 1 dimensional in the Playoffs. It's just easier to Run to set up the pass, than to pass to set up the run. Just ask Rodgers. 

The rankings are what they are. They weren't good running teams.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What stats do I scoff at? I throw out as many stats as anyone in this board. PFF ratings aren't stats.

That's ok. I'm going to continue to believe that good teams, that want a Playoff run, need to be able to run the ball, play good to great D, and have a QB that doesn't give the game away.

You can continue to believe that if you aren't throwing the ball all over the yard you are stuck in 1985.

5 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

That's ok. I'm going to continue to believe that good teams, that want a Playoff run, need to be able to run the ball, play good to great D, and have a QB that doesn't give the game away.

You can continue to believe that if you aren't throwing the ball all over the yard you are stuck in 1985.

The reality that the last three SB teams were all near the bottom of the league in rushing yardage stung pretty bad. 😂