• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankers

Sir Purr

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, this is not the year to win a dreadful division with a bad record. If we had our QB I'd be all about it. But we need a fuging QB. The higher pick we have the more potential options we'll have. It's really that simple for me.

But that means you’re not a real fan apparently. 

will making the playoffs be fun for a week. Yeah sure. But then it’s back to reality. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The reality that the last three SB teams were all near the bottom of the league in rushing yardage stung pretty bad. 😂

The reality remains. What we saw today was Playoff style football. Not my job to make you see it. I can't make you understand it.

Oh, and I truly do like how you give yourself so much credit. Like your one lone fact is such a victory. lol Your whole argument is "The last 3 SB winners". You offer nothing else. So I see no reason to continue this farce. Good day sir.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

The reality remains. What we saw today was Playoff style football. Not my job to make you see it. I can't make you understand it.

Oh, and I truly do like how you give yourself so much credit. Like your one lone fact is such a victory. lol Your whole argument is "The last 3 SB winners". You offer nothing else. So I see no reason to continue this farce. Good day sir.

You choose to ignore reality because of a preconceived motion. That's on you. Capitalizing it doesn't make it reality.

12 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Not gonna come up against the 31st ranked rushing D very often in the playoffs 

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

Not gonna come up against the 31st ranked rushing D very often in the playoffs 

No, probably not. But Defenses hate teams that can just pound you. It takes more out of them than does rushing the passer for instance. 

Sure, there will be times Sam will be asked to throw the ball. But he threw it 24 times today with no repercussions. With as much as we ran it. 24 passes seems like a lot. 

46 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

their draft position will only push them further away from having a chance to draft their franchise QB

I keep seeing the doomsayers churn out this reasoning, but which of the available QBs in this draft are they willing to say is the next franchise QB? 😮

Edited by Icege

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

No, probably not. But Defenses hate teams that can just pound you. It takes more out of them than does rushing the passer for instance. 

Sure, there will be times Sam will be asked to throw the ball. But he threw it 24 times today with no repercussions. With as much as we ran it. 24 passes seems like a lot. 

You can run the ball a lot more efficiently when teams have to respect the pass. And teams aren’t going to respect Darnold in a Mcadoo offense 

5 minutes ago, Icege said:

I keep seeing the doomsayers churn out this reasoning, but which of the available QBs in this draft are they willing to say is the next franchise QB? 😮

I think it all comes down to the higher your pick, the better your chances. Which may be true in principle but is iffy at best in reality. If you like a guy, try and get him. Sooner or later, if you have a competent staff. You'll get your guy.

8 minutes ago, Icege said:

There were questions about Josh Allen. There were questions about Justin Herbert. There were questions about pat mahomes. There were questions about lamar Jackson. 

all I can promise is there is much more upside with a rookie than there is with Sam darnold. 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

You can run the ball a lot more efficiently when teams have to respect the pass. And teams aren’t going to respect Darnold in a Mcadoo offense 

What happens when teams have to load the box to stop our run? That means man on man. Teams hate doing that. Zone is safer, and easier to disguise. Ti also opens up play action. Lots of good comes from being able to run the ball

not part of the tank for the 3rd option QB fan club.  it felt good to win today. our defense is playoff caliber and with a few additions ( linebackers, DE and a safety to pair with Chinn) we could be elite. as of right now I see the draft shaking out this way. 

1. Houston takes young or stround. 

2. Seattle takes whoever the Texans doesn't. 

Detroit is the wild card.  They could move on from Goff or at least put a contingency plan in effect with Levis or Richardson. 

Then we have the Colts likely to pick ahead of us. They pick either levis or Richardson. 

And here we are picking like 9th with ALL the QBs gone. it isn't the end of the world. A top linebacker like Trenton Simpson, top corner to pair with Horn like Ringo or a trade down to solidify multiple positions are still options. I know if we end up with a linebacker, corner or defensive end in the first it will  be SO unsexy of a pick but a scenario where we come away with replacements for Shaq, Donte, and upgrades at DE, FS and LG would be win in the long run. 

I know some y'all short sighted and don't understand WIN/good LOSE/sux.  

Edited by mickeye76
missed a word

4 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

not part of the tank for the 3rd option QB fan club.  it felt good to win today. our defense is playoff caliber and with a few additions ( linebackers, DE and a safety to pair with Chinn) we could be elite. as of right now I see the draft shaking out this way. 

1. Houston takes young or stround. 

2. Seattle takes whoever the Texans doesn't. 

Detroit is the wild card.  They could move on from Goff or at least put a contingency plan in effect with Levis or Richardson. 

Then we have the Colts likely to pick ahead of us. They pick either levis or Richardson. 

And here we are picking like 9th with ALL the QBs gone. it isn't the end of the world. A top linebacker like Trenton Simpson, top corner to pair with Horn like Ringo or a trade down to solidify multiple positions are still options. I know if we end up with a linebacker, corner or defensive end in the first it will  be SO unsexy of a pick but a scenario where we come away with replacements for Shaq, Donte, and upgrades at DE, FS and LG would be win in the long run. 

I know some y'all short sighted and don't understand WIN/good LOSE/sux.  

A win doesn't change the fact that we have no legit QB...it just changes the calculus and makes getting one more expensive. Cam and Kerry Collins are the only 1st round QBs in almost 30 years. Replacements on D is just wash, rinse, repeat of Panther football, which has netted way more losses than wins.

• Pie 1

What people seem to forget is that no one is tanking in the NFL. Houston is still playing to win, they just suck. See yesterday. There’s no way to know which QBs will be any good and the most sure fire pro prospect is going at pick 1 this year. We were never going to get that pick anyway.  

You are also forgetting that we might have stumbled upon our next head coach during this process which, in my opinion, is pretty important too. Going the unproven coordinator route is certainly no guarantee either. 

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

lol just a hilariously stupid comment.

best case scenario, this team makes the playoffs (highly unlikely), and has zero shot at doing anything meaningful when they play real competition. 

their draft position will only push them further away from having a chance to draft their franchise QB, and will be back to deciding between brining back darnold or some other bus from another franchise.

hope everyone loves being stuck in football purgatory, while the young talent continues to get older and their prime years get wasted due to guys like teddy bridgewater, sam darnold, baker mayfield, etc.

keep pounding 

I mean you are not wrong.......