• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshall's catch

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Our WRs are way overrated. David Tyree caught a ball on his helmet, didn’t do squat after that. It was a wild catch but is honestly meaningless in terms of whether or not Marshall will be a good starter.

We definitely could use a solid WR. We didn’t make the Burns trade, but had we, I would have said we have to use a high 1st on a WR. Plenty of TEs you can get in the 2nd that end up solid, but top first round WRs are common now. I’d be interested in a guy who potentially pushes DJ to WR2 like a Hill/Waddle or Chase/Higgins or Metcalf/Lockett. The rest of our WRs are too inconsistent as you said. Without the extra picks, I’m 50/50 on using a high first for a WR since we still need a QB.

This is a depth draft.  The more I research I do, the more heavily weighted I feel it is with "4-star" guys than "5-star".  The number of "can't miss" prospects are thinner this year, IMO. That's the reason I'm not too worried about sitting around pick 10 (as long as we don't slide past 15).

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Is 10 a big cliff? Seemed like top 4 was a good spot with Carter, Anderson and the two QBs but I haven’t paid much attention to non-QBs after that.

I'd say there's a distinct tier, I'm counting 7 clear cut tier 1s:

(3) DL: Carter, Anderson, Murphy

(1) QB: Bryce 

(2) WR: Addison & Johnson

(1) OL: Skoronski

(1) CB: Cam Smith

*Bresee, Stroud, Mayer, & Ringo have arguments for it but see a bit of a shift looking at them and readiness+impact combo.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Is 10 a big cliff? Seemed like top 4 was a good spot with Carter, Anderson and the two QBs but I haven’t paid much attention to non-QBs after that.

Cliff? No, but a step down and flush with positions we are actually good/okay at--OT, CB, S.  QBs, WRs and Mayer would be the target here.  WRs Quentin Johnston and Jordan Addison along with QBs Levis and Richardson.  Some mocks have Stroud sliding if AR-15 and/or Levis get picked beforehand.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Cliff? No, but a step down and flush with positions we are actually good/okay at--OT, CB, S.  QBs, WRs and Mayer would be the target here.  WRs Quentin Johnston and Jordan Addison along with QBs Levis and Richardson.  Some mocks have Stroud sliding if AR-15 and/or Levis get picked beforehand.

I can see Levis going before Stroud and we trade up slightly for CJ.  I know people aren't fans of his game when he plays from behind, but there's a lot of talent to like with him.