• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio eviserates Tepper for saying Steve Wilks has to be "incredible" with what Florio calls a "sh*t" team

thunderraiden

Florio is a complete idiot that just parrots narratives with know knowledge or insight of his own. This team is a QB and coaching away from being a contender. Sure, we don’t have a good TE but there’s only a few of those in the league at all. Most teams don’t have a good TE and it’s not a critical piece anyway. Our WR group is good, our RB group is good, our OL is elite, our DL is really good, our LBs are average, our CBS are really good with one elite guy that’s at least top 5 in the league and we have two good Safeties. We can definitely bolster some areas like LB, another upper tier WR and pass rusher, but we are above average everywhere except LB and QB. What we need most is coaching, which is why Tepper said if Wilks does great then he’s a contender. If he doesn’t, we need someone that can properly utilize this roster that’s already good enough outside of QB

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

So odd with Florio critizing Tepper..... but it was Tepper who went out and hired Wilks for this exact purpose... why doesnt he get credit for that?

I guess Florio thinks Wilks just appeared magically in the building

Actually Rhule hired him Tepoer appointed him to run the team once he realized Rhule isn’t a good coach.

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I strongly dislike false information.  Please don't post false information as if it's the gospel.  

Man I thought it was just me like where’s he get that craziness from stepper needed a coach to hold us down and Wilks has exceeded most expectations.

58 minutes ago, RJK said:

Rewarding wilks for the south being dogshit would be a mistake. So that’s prob exactly what will happen 

Yesterday we beat a solid team on the road in December things Matt couldn’t get us to do. What does the division have to do with Wilks simply getting us to play much much much better then we have the last two years. That’s what we would be rewarding him for getting our team from the second pick (bottom of the barrel overall team) in the draft to a competitive team that may beat anyone on any given Sunday.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Actually Rhule hired him Tepoer appointed him to run the team once he realized Rhule isn’t a good coach.

Man I thought it was just me like where’s he get that craziness from stepper needed a coach to hold us down and Wilks has exceeded most expectations.

Yesterday we beat a solid team on the road in December things Matt couldn’t get us to do. What does the division have to do with Wilks simply getting us to play much much much better then we have the last two years. That’s what we would be rewarding him for getting our team from the second pick (bottom of the barrel overall team) in the draft to a competitive team that may beat anyone on any given Sunday.

I don't get this place sometimes. For 3 tears they harp and complain we aren't winning enough. Now that we've won 3-4 games. They still ain't happy. lol

There is definitely some interesting goings on in Pantherland. And I hope I don't miss a single thing.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can agree with criticizing Tepper for saying Wilks needed to do "an incredible job" though I can somewhat understand it in context.

I disagree with characterizing what we have now as a "sh-t team".

Sh-t quarterback situation? Maybe. Sh-t team overall? Definitely not.

Definitely not a sh*t team... Panthers are good QB play, a playmaker or two, and an OC away from being a solid team.

Edited by Dragoon11

2 hours ago, RJK said:

Rewarding wilks for the south being dogshit would be a mistake. So that’s prob exactly what will happen 

What if the Panthers got hot, run the table, somehow win the division, then win a home playoff game? Or at least be very competitive in a loss? I know that's a bit of a long shot, but not impossible. Does that change the dynamic?