• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apple pulls out. So does Disney/ESPN

PanthersATL

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can see one other house from mine and I can only see it when the leaves are off. Behind me to the south is literally just miles of untouched wilderness. 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/10ee685e5e5ec413d73154605278f5d1282157412d852602c75283839c8dc257/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2022_12/Screenshot_20221222-151011.thumb.png.0302c8509e6437ddb1042f67e7339d67.png

When I go home I want to be able to forget the rest of the world exists.

Yeah I love my solitude.  But I also love my internet connection, at least for now. I still need it for work. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah I love my solitude.  But I also love my internet connection, at least for now. I still need it for work. 

Right there with you brother.......that scary part is im normalize to this behavior.......Had a great run with my past & I am at 98% peace and dont think about changes for remainder of my time.......the fear has changed......I mean......im closer to truly being a whiskey bear living in a cave than anyone would/should be.....if I was tougher, id already be there....

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Still waiting on Elon to quit fuging around with tanking Twitter and get me some damn Starlink. Been on the waiting list for over two years and had the date pushed back three times.

They are just going to put you in the overcrowded Atlanta cell with the rest of us and the new 1 TB data cap.

3 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

For now.

As we've talked about over multiple months in (Nerdvana?) that other streaming thread, there are discussions in play for the content providers (Disney, Netflix, Paramount+ etc....) teaming up to offer a single streaming package of all their channels together.   

Rumored initial price point is $100/month (depending on the participants, of course).  This would be separate from your Internet connectivity bill.  So you may still be looking at $150-$200/month for your new "cable package".   *shrug*

Happy to continue the non-NFL-related streaming convo over in that other thread so as not to hijack the topic here.

That sounds like just repackaged cable/satellite service to me. And the price is there too.

• Pie 1

On 12/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, PanthersATL said:

I was going to reply, "i listen to YouTube/YouTube Music via my phone in the car all the time, what are you talking about".

Until I remembered that I'm not plugging into a USB port, but using an audio aux input instead.  Benefits of driving an older vehicle, I guess.

That was actually my solution.  I called it "the dumb cord" that I hooked into my "smart" phone.  My phone doesn't have an aux jack anymore, but youtube has restored my ability to stream my phone thru that same truck.  I can do it thru bluetooth again.

18 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Can't wait to cancel for my restaurant in January. Youtube TV is 80 to 90 times better as as service than Direct TV. Gone are the antiquated searching through a long list of text channels to find the game you need.

Confirmed the NFL won't be happy with bars airing YouTube games:

The new deal has split the two out, with YouTube currently only having access to the $2 billion residential rights, with the NFL looking for a partner to take on the $200 million-per-year commercial rights

17 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Damn!  That sucks. I live in Haywood County and we either pay Charter for the internet service or a wireless service.  I get 200+ mbps easily here but I'm not that far out from the control station even though I live in a rural area.  AT&T is a joke.

Small world, I'm in Haywood County as well! I live out in Cruso and can only get Zito. Most of the time it's adequate and around 150ish MBPS but when there is an issue there isn't a worse customer service in the world to deal with.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Small world, I'm in Haywood County as well! I live out in Cruso and can only get Zito. Most of the time it's adequate and around 150ish MBPS but when there is an issue there isn't a worse customer service in the world to deal with.

It is indeed! Cruso has my sympathy my fellow mountain folk. Options vary the future out you go doesn't it? I'm only 3 mile off I40 so that helps me tremendously.  But the further out you venture from Asheville the more remote and disconnected you become.  You will not get any cell service in Northern Haywood County, as you've probably experienced.  Don't not break down in the gorge.

Ooooh, one thing of interest to most Huddlers is that streaming (no matter who is doing it) tends to be at bit behind real-time broadcasts.

So for those of you who like to actively participate in each week's Game thread, be prepared to find out results of plays in the online chat/Twitter before you actually see the play on the stream.

2 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Ooooh, one thing of interest to most Huddlers is that streaming (no matter who is doing it) tends to be at bit behind real-time broadcasts.

So for those of you who like to actively participate in each week's Game thread, be prepared to find out results of plays in the online chat/Twitter before you actually see the play on the stream.

Good thing for me is I don't use either.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It is indeed! Cruso has my sympathy my fellow mountain folk. Options vary the future out you go doesn't it? I'm only 3 mile off I40 so that helps me tremendously.  But the further out you venture from Asheville the more remote and disconnected you become.  You will not get any cell service in Northern Haywood County, as you've probably experienced.  Don't not break down in the gorge.

I'm actually the last house on my road that can get cable internet so I definitely feel fortunate in that aspect everyone else is stuck with terrible satellite sevice.  

• Beer 1