• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They gotta get rid of at least half the bowls. They have to bring back the pride of bowl eligibility. With everyone who isn't completely atrocious going to a bowl nowadays it just doesn't matter and that's why you have draft bound kids sitting out left and right. You don't see them sitting out of playoff games. Meanwhile, most of these poo tier bowls have the attendance of a local HS game.

What does it matter? If those bowl games didn't exist they wouldn't be playing either so it's the same thing. Let the kids who want to play, play. If you don't want to watch, don't watch. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, look at MLB. You can't tell me that viewership numbers on most of those games is practically non-existent.

Meh. We're on an NFL board. I watch every Yankees game and on my Yankees board we barely mention the NFL. But yes, NFL will always get better ratings than NBA, MLB, NHL, and MLS due to games played. Like many of you feel about MLB, I'd rather be shot in the head than watch a regular season NBA game.

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Bowl games have had no meaning ever since voters stopped determing who was the national champion, conferences were no longer regional and smaller, and when kids stayed all four years.

They're good fun and you get interesting match ups.

When was the last time Florida played Oregon St, for example?

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They gotta get rid of at least half the bowls. They have to bring back the pride of bowl eligibility. With everyone who isn't completely atrocious going to a bowl nowadays it just doesn't matter and that's why you have draft bound kids sitting out left and right. You don't see them sitting out of playoff games. Meanwhile, most of these poo tier bowls have the attendance of a local HS game.

Yet to be bowl eligible, you need to be above .500.  Not something you can say about the NFL playoff system.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

What does it matter? If those bowl games didn't exist they wouldn't be playing either so it's the same thing. Let the kids who want to play, play. If you don't want to watch, don't watch. 

I'd prefer the bowl games go back to being quality. Yeah, for the most part I don't watch. Hence why I'd like a change. I thought I made that fairly clear.

43 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Meh. We're on an NFL board. I watch every Yankees game and on my Yankees board we barely mention the NFL. But yes, NFL will always get better ratings than NBA, MLB, NHL, and MLS due to games played. Like many of you feel about MLB, I'd rather be shot in the head than watch a regular season NBA game.

I probably haven't watched an NBA game of any sort in at least a decade. I used to be a massive college basketball fan and still religiously watch UNC basketball but they have really fuged up the sport of basketball in the past 20 years. If I wasn't such a huge Heels fan I would've completely stopped watching the sport by now. If the Heels aren't playing I'm not watching basketball. And that's coming from a guy who used to be a college basketball over anything else fan.