• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just a forewarning...

I've been pretty down on Stroud but if he plays well against UGA tonight I might be pounding the table to trade up and get him.

Tonight is HUGE for that young man.

He would be a target without question.  I think Levis might end up being the second QB taken so he could slide into a nice trade up position with luck.

7 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Young is that dude. We need to hope the Texans screw up and win some games and let the bears have the first round pick. We then trade up with them to nab Young. 

I agree Young just passes the eye and gut test. 

The Texans are a team that could fall for Levis in my opinion.  I'm not a fan but Kentucky did him no favors and he'll likely only gain traction from here on out.  Bears could win another game and AZ could also be Pick 2 when all is said and done. 

The highest we can draft is Pick 7 and we really should consider leaping LVR, ATL, IND & SEA for a QB if we're sold on Young.  If we end up pick 19, then it's probably a different story but I'm game for a Young trade up if not.  

Dream scenario:

1-Texans: Levis QB

2-Cards: Carter/Anderson DL

3-Bears: We trade up from Pick 7-10ish and grab Young. Just don't go crazy with the future picks.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just a forewarning...

I've been pretty down on Stroud but if he plays well against UGA tonight I might be pounding the table to trade up and get him.

Tonight is HUGE for that young man.

He has the ability and the physical traits.  Accuracy is awesome, can lead and create for his receivers super nicely when things are going right. 

He simply needs to show he can step up when the structure of that offense breaks down.  For me, it's all about how he can show his ability to create when he needs to go off-script. Improvisational skills and strong decisions on the fly are what I hope to see.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He has the ability and the physical traits.  Accuracy is awesome, can lead and create for his receivers super nicely when things are going right. 

He simply needs to show he can step up when the structure of that offense breaks down.  For me, it's all about how he can show his ability to create when he needs to go off-script. Improvisational skills and strong decisions on the fly are what I hope to see.

Bingo.

That's what I haven't seen from him and that's what concerns me. I mean, Sam Darnold also looks really good when everything goes right. But...