• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lmao.... Panthers still control their own destiny....

Zod

We are 3rd in the league in 3 and outs. Clean that up enough to get into the top half and this team could look a lot better.

Give Wilks a competent OC and maybe we have something. Unfortunately, I don't see either one of them back next year. That is, barring some ungodly good luck from here on out.

5 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

We are 3rd in the league in 3 and outs. Clean that up enough to get into the top half and this team could look a lot better.

Give Wilks a competent OC and maybe we have something. Unfortunately, I don't see either one of them back next year. That is, barring some ungodly good luck from here on out.

So you want the same HC and same QBs (Corral and Sam) next year?  

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Rhule was 1-4. He lost to the 8-5-1 Giants, 10-4 SF, 6-8 Browns and 4-10 Cardinals. Based on Wilks work so far, he really hasn’t exceeded Rhule by much. It has been the schedule. Rhule had 2 above .500 opponents in 5 games and Wilks has had 2 in 9 games. Difference is that Wilks beat Seattle and Rhule lost on a 58 yard FG to Cleveland.

I’m not defending Rhule just saying that Wilks hasn’t really improved anything, he’s been just a bit better and had an easier schedule. It’s clear that if teams have trouble stopping the run we are OK but we’ve got no ability to game plan for when we can’t.

All I'm saying is you are expecting too much.

Think of it this way. You have a race car built by shade tree mechanics at the direction of the first driver that didn't know poo about building a race car. You put it in the indy 500 and a few laps in you realize the car is a piece of poo with no chance to win. So to think putting a new driver in it is somehow it's going to win the race is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you want the same HC and same QBs (Corral and Sam) next year?  

That's not what I said. 

Did you read the part where I said I don't expect either one of them back barring some ungodly luck?

Seems like I'm resigned to the fact we may have a new Coach and QB next year.

And we will be needing a Vet for our 2 young QBs. 

Just now, Gerry Green said:

That's not what I said. 

Did you read the part where I said I don't expect either one of them back barring some ungodly luck?

Seems like I'm resigned to the fact we may have a new Coach and QB next year.

And we will be needing a Vet for our 2 young QBs. 

No I was just asking.  It seems like you want Wilks and I know you like Corral.  The whole "unfortunately" remark made me think you still want Wilks.  

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No I was just asking.  It seems like you want Wilks and I know you like Corral.  The whole "unfortunately" remark made me think you still want Wilks.  

Sorry, I was in a hurry and got carried away. I usually try and be civil, or don't reply at all. This place is getting to me again. 

I'll admit that there is a part of me that would like to see Wilks get a fair shot. Pick his own staff, try and get his own QB. Then see what happens.

But I also know that we are probably going Offensive with our next Coach. Which I can somewhat understand.  Going to be interesting to see this all play out.

As for Sam? He has played rather well lately, but we've seen that before. However, if he continues this for the next 3 games? You have to put him on the list for that vet QB we need next year. 

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 1