• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict the season finish

kungfoodude

Finishing Result  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario is your prediction?

• Win both games.
    • Win against the Bucs, Lose to the Taints
    • Lose against the Bucs, Win against the Taints
    • Lose both games.
    • Tie both games

46 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well our passing game is near league worst, as well. If we can't get it done on the ground, it's gonna be a long day for us.

You are correct, although I will say our passing game has been more efficient as of late.  Still not great, but adequate at least.  

I am more focused on how our defense looks against Tampa and the Aints.  Both of them have looked terrible recently, and if our defense performs fairly well, then we might not need a lot of offense.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You are correct, although I will say our passing game has been more efficient as of late.  Still not great, but adequate at least.  

I am more focused on how our defense looks against Tampa and the Aints.  Both of them have looked terrible recently, and if our defense performs fairly well, then we might not need a lot of offense.  

Our passing game is basically only as good as our running game allows it to be. Outside of that, it's rightfully near the bottom of the league.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Our passing game is basically only as good as our running game allows it to be. Outside of that, it's rightfully near the bottom of the league.

Honestly how many forward(past the LOS) passes are done each game?? 4? 7? it can not be over 10....i barely remember the pray balls to moore and its only 1-3 of those each game...

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Honestly how many forward(past the LOS) passes are done each game?? 4? 7? it can not be over 10....i barely remember the pray balls to moore and its only 1-3 of those each game...

Pray balls? 

I don't want to go overboard like some of the Darnold fan-boosters here but are you serious?

I am no longer a fanboy but I'm not blind either.

Those passes to Moore are not Pray balls.

They are legit Deep balls that many of us (me included) have complained that Sam is incapable of throwing.

Yet he did throw them and they looked pretty solid.

He certainly won't be mistaken for other Elite QBs but he CAN (apparently) make the throws;  it's accuracy that's been his issue and last game, it wasn't. 

I want to see more of this type of accuracy going forward (if possible) :

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Pray balls? 

I don't want to go overboard like some of the Darnold fan-boosters here but are you serious?

I am no longer a fanboy but I'm not blind either.

Those passes to Moore are not Pray balls.

They are legit Deep balls that many of us (me included) have complained that Sam is incapable of throwing.

Yet he did throw them and they looked pretty solid.

He certainly won't be mistaken for other Elite QBs but he CAN (apparently) make the throws;  it's accuracy that's been his issue and last game, it wasn't. 

I want to see more of this type of accuracy going forward (if possible) :

How many are more than 10 yards? (real yards going forward). Not the 5-8 smoke throws to Laviska/moore. Talking real NFL passes. How many each game? 

51 minutes ago, Basbear said:

How many are more than 10 yards? (real yards going forward). Not the 5-8 smoke throws to Laviska/moore. Talking real NFL passes. How many each game? 

I don't get what you're trying to say here.

What difference does it make so long as it moves the chains? 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I don't get what you're trying to say here.

What difference does it make so long as it moves the chains? 

My point is to show this teams gameplan is to not throw forward passes. 

You are aware that once the panthers are behind over a couple scores, the main goal is passing, right? And the type ala Laviska runs around and darnold hits him 3 yards behind the LOS are not going to cut it. 

If its moves the chains, great! Do the panthers have another way?? If by some chance this simple method doesnt work like many of the recent loses??

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

My point is to show this teams gameplan is to not throw forward passes. 

You are aware that once the panthers are behind over a couple scores, the main goal is passing, right? And the type ala Laviska runs around and darnold hits him 3 yards behind the LOS are not going to cut it. 

If its moves the chains, great! Do the panthers have another way?? If by some chance this simple method doesnt work like many of the recent loses??

This could work.  🤔

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

The Bucs game Sunday is either going to be a 35-10 Panther blowout or the refs carrying the Bucs over the finish line in a 16-13 type game. I’m just not sure which yet. 

Depends on how the Running game shakes out for the Panthers.

If it's rolling like last week (or close to it), I say the Panthers take full control of this game and win this going away.

If not, it could be a boring slogfest.