• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is keen on Will Levis

Chris Smitty

2 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Tepper just can’t win for losing with most of y’all. You bitch about Tepper hiring Rhule who turned out to suck, and then you bitch about Tepper telling Rhule he needed to make some changes because, you know, he sucks. You’re right. It is ludicrous for an owner to tell his sucky coach to suck less. Sheesh.

Nevermind the guy has over a billion dollars invested in this team. 

Yep this is just a deal where tepper can do no right, but some of that is earned. The fans are mad and tepper is the cause, very hard to not stay that way given his actions...

10 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Tepper just can’t win for losing with most of y’all. You bitch about Tepper hiring Rhule who turned out to suck, and then you bitch about Tepper telling Rhule he needed to make some changes because, you know, he sucks. You’re right. It is ludicrous for an owner to tell his sucky coach to suck less. Sheesh.

Nevermind the guy has over a billion dollars invested in this team. 

It's not about Tepper winning or losing with fans or if people like him or not. The comment had been made that Tepper doesn't meddle, so I asked if forcing his coach to make staff changes meddling or not since Tepper "lets his people do their jobs as they see fit."

As for it being ludicrous to tell his coach to suck less, I addressed that with an earlier comment saying it depends on one's point of view.

Who cares how much he has invested in the team? That has nothing to do with if he meddles or not. Tepper is the owner of the team. He can meddle if he wants to or not and there's not a thing anyone else can do about it. I honestly don't give a poo if he does or doesn't. I simply asked if forcing the coach to make staff changes would be considered meddling or not. He's an adult and a billionaire. He can defend himself if he wants or hire PR and legal staff to do so. If you want to defend him too, have at it.

Reading all these negative takes on Levis reminds me so much of all the negativity surrounding Cam predraft as well as Herbert more recently on the Huddle.  

I have no clue if Levis will be even a serviceable QB but knowing the huddle is remarkably against him, makes me have a little comfort if he is in fact the pick. 

• Pie 2

In recent drafts we’ve seen people pick apart Josh Allen (example, he’ll never have the accuracy to be a top NFL QB) and Justin Herbert (example, he’s not a leader or the system he played in won’t translate). There are other quarterbacks we’ve seen picked apart and ultimately proved people wrong. So while Levis wouldn’t necessarily be my preference, I wouldn’t discount him because he does have a lot of talent and upside. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Yep this is just a deal where tepper can do no right, but some of that is earned. The fans are mad and tepper is the cause, very hard to not stay that way given his actions...

Is it because of his actions? Or his inactions, because I get confused. He didn't fire Hurney soon enough (inaction) but then he hired Rhule (action--lauded at the time, btw) then took too long to fire Rhule (inaction) and spoke up to draft Fields (action) but didn't force the team to draft him (inaction) and somehow ok'd Darnold's trade and option (was that an action...or inaction) and maybe signed off on the Watson pursuit (maybe he was actively involved...or maybe he was inactive and let his football people deal with it). Or maybe it was the Rock Hill situation (action at first, then inaction, then action) or the stadium talk (action then inaction).

It's almost like Huddle wanted him to pay the money and go fishing while the football people (Fitt, Rhule, Hurney) do their jobs...and keep paying them to be below average except intervene to get rid of them...because they were below average.

Eddie Murphy What GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Is it because of his actions? Or his inactions, because I get confused. He didn't fire Hurney soon enough (inaction) but then he hired Rhule (action--lauded at the time, btw) then took too long to fire Rhule (inaction) and spoke up to draft Fields (action) but didn't force the team to draft him (inaction) and somehow ok'd Darnold's trade and option (was that an action...or inaction) and maybe signed off on the Watson pursuit (maybe he was actively involved...or maybe he was inactive and let his football people deal with it). Or maybe it was the Rock Hill situation (action at first, then inaction, then action) or the stadium talk (action then inaction).

It's almost like Huddle wanted him to pay the money and go fishing while the football people (Fitt, Rhule, Hurney) do their jobs...and keep paying them to be below average except intervene to get rid of them...because they were below average.

Eddie Murphy What GIF by Amazon Prime Video

yes. to both, yes

just add the "I brought music" comment.

completely remove 800ish long-time ticket buyers seats without telling them until someone posted a picture. gave insult offers as many asked were they could watch the game form...

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

I remember the stats vs like opponents you are aware of but does it bother you AR15 was a 54 % passer this season?  Levis was at 65 % and I would say he didn’t played very well but his OL was a disaster.

Levis isn’t a statue by any stretch either athletically.  You may not like him but he definitely has interesting skills as well

I don’t have any real problems with any of the top 4 QBs : Young, Stroud, Levis or Richardson. I think most of the season Richardson was throwing the ball significantly deeper and his receivers dropped a lot. 

As you said, against the same opponents I believe Levis had 1% better completion percentage, like 9 less touchdowns and 1 more turnover, along with like 400 less yards against the same four opponents Richardson had. 

Factor in the Gator players were spending their podium time after games campaigning for Richardson to come back for another year and I think he’s a good leader who showed progress all year. 

I know QBs have their WRs drop passes in the NFL, too, but nowhere near the rate my receivers did this year. I think his completion percent will be higher in the pros, easily. 

I like Levis but Levis showed me less than Richardson this year and he’s what?… 2 or 3 years older than Richardson? I’d like to believe in two years Richardson would be better than what he or Levis showed this year. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

yes. to both, yes

just add the "I brought music" comment.

completely remove 800ish long-time ticket buyers seats without telling them until someone posted a picture. gave insult offers as many asked were they could watch the game form...

Fair enough. That being said, he was always going to start with a fan deficit. He--from Pittsburgh or wherever--was strongarmed by the league to be the owner, despite the fact that his offer was reportedly less than Navarro's--basically a hometown-ish option. It's possible that only a Super Bowl win will help him with the fans, and even then it'll be short-lived.

7 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Fair enough. That being said, he was always going to start with a fan deficit. He--from Pittsburgh or wherever--was strongarmed by the league to be the owner, despite the fact that his offer was reportedly less than Navarro's--basically a hometown-ish option. It's possible that only a Super Bowl win will help him with the fans, and even then it'll be short-lived.

The rhule hire and talking about Avengers Tower as the rock hill building....... he seems to place his whole leg into his mouth with many comments while they are recording.

If he hires a stud NFL mind ala Shane Steichen I will forgive the Rhule hire, but not his treatment of the fans....

He did VERY QUICKLY buy and install that huge practice bubble, much needed and JR would NEVER spent the coin to do so...

Edited by Basbear

I feel like Levis is worth a shot depending on where we are picking. He could turn out well, who knows. Its such a gamble and an unknown most of the time when a QB is picked anyhow. I feel like if a QB is drafted in a high round though we do need some sort of veteran presence there. If Darnold finishes strong and does not want to break the bank, i would consider signing him to be there as that veteran presence but of course that is a HUGE if Darnold finishes very strong and continues looking good. Even with that its still going on major hope that the drafted QB is the guy who can develop and become our guy as well as Darnold being capable of holding it down until then. Lots of hope and ifs in there I guess.

5 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

The "rockstar" OC stuff from last offseason and making Rhule bring in new coaches wasn't meddling?

That could have easily been Rhule reacting to the pressure of failing. Why would you keep on doing the same thing and getting the same result? Moreover, the owner has a right to give input and suggest anything he wants, particularly when the bus is headed straight towards a ditch right before our very eyes.