• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's your offer to Chicago?

BrisbanePanther

27 minutes ago, Varking said:

Chicago is not trading Justin Fields. They are not drafting a QB. 

If they think the QB sitting there can be better than Fields they absolutely could. If they are sold on Fields then the smart move is to take the haul from a QB starving franchise. 

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Warren Moon??

Stetson Bennett is a lot more Colt McCoy than he is Warren Moon.

What a profoundly odd comparison.

You do realize Moon went undrafted, played in the CFL, turned around a struggling franchise, never won a SB, and only won 3 of 10 playoff games. Watch Moon with Washington and in the CFL. He had an accurate ball with a fair amount of wobble. He used his fingernails to spin the ball. He ran as needed and was effective. Was very smart in reading a defense and anticipating his WR hitting a hole in the defense. Moon was far from perfect and was no where near a combine warrior.

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why draft bennett when we could just sign aqueel glass?

Glass is built physically and mentally to succeed in the NFL. He just has to go the route of most NFL QBs who succeed and were not given the 1st round QB opportunity. I will let you know when he fails to capitalize on an opportunity. He is still around and on the radar of a couple teams if you do not follow QBs like I do.

And I don't want Bennett

Edited by CPantherKing

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Glass is built physically and mentally to succeed in the NFL. He just has to go the route of most NFL QBs who succeed and were not given the 1st round QB opportunity. I will let you know when he fails to capitalize on an opportunity. He is still around and on the radar of a couple teams if you do not follow QBs like I do.

And I don't want Bennett

Lol

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

If they think the QB sitting there can be better than Fields they absolutely could. If they are sold on Fields then the smart move is to take the haul from a QB starving franchise. 

Or if they don’t get a good offer they take Carter or Anderson. They’re going to trade back to take a defensive impact player. They aren’t picking a QB. 

• Pie 1

Some of these dudes clinging onto draft picks were saying they’d absolutely trade draft picks in next years draft for Maye/Williams lol. Come next year, when they decide they don’t like Caleb or Maye, they’ll then retort with “let’s just wait until the next draft, and use picks if we have to to trade up” lol it never fails

Id trade up in a heartbeat if Bryce or Stroud made it to 2. As to what would be expected in a trade; I’m sure we’d have to give up this and years 1st at minimum. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 4

5 hours ago, Varking said:

Why draft Bennett when you can sign him as an u drafted free agent? 

He'll get drafted, even if it's in the 7th round.

He's basically Ken Dorsey - someone will draft the 2-time National Champion, it'd be disrespectful not to.

34 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

You do realize Moon went undrafted, played in the CFL, turned around a struggling franchise, never won a SB, and only won 3 of 10 playoff games. Watch Moon with Washington and in the CFL. He had an accurate ball with a fair amount of wobble. He used his fingernails to spin the ball. He ran as needed and was effective. Was very smart in reading a defense and anticipating his WR hitting a hole in the defense. Moon was far from perfect and was no where near a combine warrior.

Those are not comparable players in any way. 

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Someone has only watched 40 year old Warren Moon play QB

Let me know when you have watched a 20 year old Moon play the game. Huskies, Edmonton, and Oilers in his early years when he was scoring rushing TDs.

Are you literally high? 

Bennett isn't even remotely like Warren Moon. WTF are you going on about? Have you ever watched college football? How about Stetson Bennett's career?

Pretty clearly not.