• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Bucs GameDay Thread!

Zod

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That was true for the first half.  The second half is when they couldn't do anything. 

Perhaps, but the reality is Brady hasn't been pressured much this year.  But most other teams actually covered the receivers.  I watched the Arizona game last week, and as bad as Arizona is, and as little pressure as they had on Brady for most of the game, I didn't see Evans running in almost a straight line down the field and blowing by the secondary multiple times.  

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Perhaps, but the reality is Brady hasn't been pressured much this year.  But most other teams actually covered the receivers.  I watched the Arizona game last week, and as bad as Arizona is, and as little pressure as they had on Brady for most of the game, I didn't see Evans running in almost a straight line down the field and blowing by the secondary multiple times.  

Honestly, for most of this season Evans hasn't exactly been stellar, certainly not up to his previous standards.

That's one reason why the announcers talk so much about him being "back" yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They weren't getting any pressure on Brady at all. He had all day to let Evans run straight down the field because we were letting them. It was just pitch and catch. Our secondary was paper thin before the injuries so I knew we were screwed going into this game.  But to not put a safety over the top on Evans is just incompetent. 

Edited by Jon Snow

Doing a little Monday morning QB work today and was thinking...

After the first two TD passes why weren't our CB's instructed to just pass interfere Evans if he got by? Just push him outta bounds and take the flag. We held up in the red zone all day long, even blocked a damn field goal. If we take away the TD's on the long passes we could have turned 21 points into 13 or 17

On 1/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, kungfoodude said:

I am not trying to jinx this but I don't see any way that offense mounts a comeback on that lead.

Looking back at this, you did jinx it.   LOL!

20 hours ago, frankw said:

True but Sam has a history of this foolishness we aren't going to coach it out of him.

Just so you know, this in regards to the fumble that happened involving him and Bozeman. 

Bozeman snapped it before Sam was ready and I blame him (Bozeman) for that.

But I blame Sam for not just falling on the loose ball instead of trying to pick it up. 

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Anyone excited to win a meaningless game next week to lose more draft spots like Panthers always do?

22 hours ago, matt rhules gut fat said:

Now let’s finish this right and beat the Saints for no reason than morale victory and further screwing up our draft and  keeping Wilks because “competitiveness and 7 wins”

Im sure the player picked before us will be elite but hey who cares right

Well good news you two 'cause apparently we can't do no worse than 9th. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Looking back at this, you did jinx it.   LOL!

Just so you know, this in regards to the fumble that happened involving him and Bozeman. 

Bozeman snapped it before Sam was ready and I blame him (Bozeman) for that.

But I blame Sam for not just falling on the loose ball instead of trying to pick it up. 

There were actually 3 fumbles he only recovered one. Even if you give him a pass for the one that's still two plus the interception. Just can't be that careless with the ball if you want to be in the postseason 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

There were actually 3 fumbles he only recovered one. Even if you give him a pass for the one that's still two plus the interception. Just can't be that careless with the ball if you want to be in the postseason 🤷‍♂️

Very true.

It is what it is.

So let's go draft a QB (or just give a Corral a shot), sign Darnold to a backup contract, draft a F*CKING TIGHT-END, and...oh....Hire a Coach who is more in-tune with Today's NFL. 

No more of these former DEFENSIVE Coordinators (or absolute frauds like Rhule) being put at Head Coach anymore.

Edited by glenwo2

36 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't know what was going on with him and Bozeman that game.

I don't fault him for the Ickey sack-fumble.

I do for the INT.  Can't turn over the ball in games like that. He doesn't have control over the OL, but he does where / when / how he throws the ball, and he made the right read and the wrong throw.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:14 AM, Davidson Deac II said:

We sacked Brady as much or more than any other team has this year.  The secondary play was horrific.  

Sacking Brady as much as any team has this year isn't as significant as saving Brady or even getting pressure on him when we have too. And I agree that the secondary play should've been much better and changes should've been made.