• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ryan: Wilks Unlikely To Be Next HC. Tepper has Affinity for Demeco Ryans.

Proudiddy

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's all about the ties and relationships with young offensive minds. Scot may be able to help us with that.

He'd be pretty well acquainted with the Shanahan tree. That's tree's been picked over a lot, though.

If you wanted to pick from that tree though, I'd probably be more interested in Mike LaFleur. Ryans is almost as inexperienced as Kellen Moore.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And Again another person with no HC experience..

I mean, Kyle Shanahan, Sean McDermott, Sean McVay, Zac Taylor, Brian Daboll, & Kevin O'Connell, all had the same amount combined when brought in as HC to their squads.  Never a HC at any level, anywhere.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

I mean, Kyle Shanahan, Sean McDermott, Sean McVay, Zac Taylor, Brian Daboll, & Kevin O'Connell, all had the same amount combined when brought in as HC to their squads.  Never a HC at any level, anywhere.  

We playing the name who wasn’t successful game because that list is longer..

it’s about the make up of the team.. And this team needs experienced coaching now not a guy trying to figure it out..

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

it’s about the make up of the team.. And this team needs experienced coaching now not a guy trying to figure it out..

It'd be one thing to play the game, but that resume bit is the truth for the best coaches in the game today.  You interview and assess who'd be the best coach possible, don't let the paper do the elimination.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Like Ryans as a candidate though would prefer an offensive mind like the majority of others. Additionally, the personnel on the defensive side of the ball in San Francisco is quite superior to that side of the ball in Carolina though we do have some pieces. He probably has the best DE and LB in all of football playing together in SF. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

It'd be one thing to play the game, but that resume bit is the truth for the best coaches in the game today.  You interview and assess who'd be the best coach possible, don't let the paper do the elimination.  

And my opinion is if your resume doesn’t consist of any HC experience then it’s not a good fit for this team as constructed today…

32 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

MOST DCs seem cut from the same cloth. I think they see the offense as losing them the game more often than not.  Not controlling the ball long enough, or having a turnover, or whatever, that makes their defense have trouble. They want the game low-scoring, so their defense has a chance to control the tempo of the game.  That's an outdated way of playing IMO.  Can it work? To an extent, yes, and especially with the right QB. But most of us want to go out and win games, bury teams entirely, and take risks on offense to put ourselves in position to win, not just to avoid losing.

This.  Ryans may have his own style, and may be more aggressive, but by and large, DCs are generally the same in their approach to the game.

And again, the issue with hiring a DC and him getting a rockstar OC is if the OC is any good, he won't be here very long and you'll have to start all over again with your scheme and philosophy offensively, which is much harder to do than on the defensive side.  I'm just tired of it.  We need to dictate the game on the offensive side first.

And for those saying Ryans is different, everyone was salivating over Salah for years.  And I believe he is a great coach, but he is struggling with the same issues that every DC ruined HC had and does.  Their offense lacks direction and identity and he seems in over his head because they haven't figured that out - namely a QB and a quality OC.  He has the same connections Ryans would have.  And again, ever wonder why innovators of the defensive game like Buddy Ryan, Jim Johnson, and Dick LaBeau were never superstar HCs?  There are certain limitations inherent to the defensive background.

No thank you.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I mean the list of unsuccessful’s is longer always, in anything competitive ever. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1