• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

whose your projected 2023 Panthers HC / QB combo

GOAT

Most likely outcome:

HC: Wilks - He has the locker room.  Wilks has respect around the league.  Honestly I think his hiring could depend on what kind of staff he can assemble.  NFL coaches have these things lined up prior to accepting jobs.  It's not Wilk's first rodeo, he has likely been sending feelers around shortly after it appeared that he has earned a legitimate shot at the HC gig.  Tepper could roll the dice and go for a splash hire, but our franchise needs goodwill and stability.  Looking at our potential schedule for next year I could easily see us winning 10 games. #KeepPounding is important to the Carolinas and I think Tep has realized it finally.  No one in the organization knows what that means better than Wilks.  

OC: Ben Johnson (QB coach Eagles) or Shea Tierney (QB coach Giants) - Looking at the growth of both Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts and the offensive turnaround of each team over the past year I would start with these two.  Tierney has been with Dabol since he was at Buffalo and our ties from Carolina North should give us a good read on how capable he could be as an OC.  The Eagles offense is a dream for Carolina.  If Steichen stays with the Eagles Johnson could really build his case to be a future HC by taking the Carolina job.

QB: Darnold/Carrol/Tanner McKee - I have made no effort to hide my affinity for Uncle Rico/Mustache Minshew, but honestly I see a whole lot of similarities to him and Darnold.  Additionally, Sam has shown growth and had more natural talent than Uncle Rico.  I see a lot of Jake Delhome in Minshew but I just don't see it happening. 

Additionally, I think hitting on a first round QB is pretty dicey if you don't have the opportunity to pick the first QB off the board.  The odds of finding a Big Ben, Eli, Payton, Mahomes, or Burrow who you know out of college can be a steady QB presence for 10 years are pretty rare.  Darnold has shown stability behind a solid O-line.  I'd rather try to see what his growth could be when he is not hampered by the incompetence of Adam Gase and Matt Rhule over meh college options with just as many questions marks.  Sammy D is well liked by his teammates and has a pretty good rapport with DJ Moore.  We could sign Sam to a two year deal for back up money allowing us to build our team without shipping off draft capital.  If done correctly, we could get a few year like the Titans have had recently.  I'd take that over the mess that has been the last 5 years. 

Out of the college QB's I think Stroud is the best long term prospect out of the group, but there is not miles and miles of separation between draft eligible QB's. We are not going to get  Stroud or Young.  Levis is the question mark, but I would not mortgage out future draft capital to roll the dice on him.  Tanner McKee has first round potential but was stuck on a bad team.  Looking at our team needs at DE, DT, LB, RB, and CB I think using our first pick on a QB with question marks rather than a more developed player at other impact positions would be a better use of draft capital knowing that we likely can have a steady game manager QB available with Darnold or another veteran free agent.  Here is a link of all first round QB's drafted since the Super Bowl era began. I think the list is pretty eye opening when you are not 100% sold on a prospect being the QB of the future.   He could be had as a late 3rd or 4th round pick.

Matt Coral is a big question mark.  I think he will develop into at worst a serviceable back-up.  No one has seen or heard much from him, but I have a feeling he has been hitting the weights and film knowing that his next opportunity may be his only opportunity.

Looking at our potential schedule next year with us playing the NFC north and AFC South I could see us getting 5 wins from that group.  Us going 4-1 or 3-2 in our division in not a reach if we stay healthy. That would put us at or over .500 before playing wither the 2nd or 3rd place NFC east, NFC West, and AFC East teams (Cowboys/Giants, Seattle/Rams, Pats/Dolphins).  Winning two of those three would put us around the 10 win mark.  While that isn't the SuperBowl, I'd be over the moon for those results.  Lock up DB and BB, clear out the bad contracts from last year, and then make a move up the draft board/go big after a QB if necessary.

Knowing Fitty and AGM#55 I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up moving down the draft board to get more picks to build depth.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BeenPounding said:

Most likely outcome:

HC: Wilks - He has the locker room.  Wilks has respect around the league.  Honestly I think his hiring could depend on what kind of staff he can assemble.  NFL coaches have these things lined up prior to accepting jobs.  It's not Wilk's first rodeo, he has likely been sending feelers around shortly after it appeared that he has earned a legitimate shot at the HC gig.  Tepper could roll the dice and go for a splash hire, but our franchise needs goodwill and stability.  Looking at our potential schedule for next year I could easily see us winning 10 games. #KeepPounding is important to the Carolinas and I think Tep has realized it finally.  No one in the organization knows what that means better than Wilks.  

OC: Ben Johnson (QB coach Eagles) or Shea Tierney (QB coach Giants) - Looking at the growth of both Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts and the offensive turnaround of each team over the past year I would start with these two.  Tierney has been with Dabol since he was at Buffalo and our ties from Carolina North should give us a good read on how capable he could be as an OC.  The Eagles offense is a dream for Carolina.  If Steichen stays with the Eagles Johnson could really build his case to be a future HC by taking the Carolina job.

QB: Darnold/Carrol/Tanner McKee - I have made no effort to hide my affinity for Uncle Rico/Mustache Minshew, but honestly I see a whole lot of similarities to him and Darnold.  Additionally, Sam has shown growth and had more natural talent than Uncle Rico.  I see a lot of Jake Delhome in Minshew but I just don't see it happening. 

Additionally, I think hitting on a first round QB is pretty dicey if you don't have the opportunity to pick the first QB off the board.  The odds of finding a Big Ben, Eli, Payton, Mahomes, or Burrow who you know out of college can be a steady QB presence for 10 years are pretty rare.  Darnold has shown stability behind a solid O-line.  I'd rather try to see what his growth could be when he is not hampered by the incompetence of Adam Gase and Matt Rhule over meh college options with just as many questions marks.  Sammy D is well liked by his teammates and has a pretty good rapport with DJ Moore.  We could sign Sam to a two year deal for back up money allowing us to build our team without shipping off draft capital.  If done correctly, we could get a few year like the Titans have had recently.  I'd take that over the mess that has been the last 5 years. 

Out of the college QB's I think Stroud is the best long term prospect out of the group, but there is not miles and miles of separation between draft eligible QB's. We are not going to get  Stroud or Young.  Levis is the question mark, but I would not mortgage out future draft capital to roll the dice on him.  Tanner McKee has first round potential but was stuck on a bad team.  Looking at our team needs at DE, DT, LB, RB, and CB I think using our first pick on a QB with question marks rather than a more developed player at other impact positions would be a better use of draft capital knowing that we likely can have a steady game manager QB available with Darnold or another veteran free agent.  Here is a link of all first round QB's drafted since the Super Bowl era began. I think the list is pretty eye opening when you are not 100% sold on a prospect being the QB of the future.   He could be had as a late 3rd or 4th round pick.

Matt Coral is a big question mark.  I think he will develop into at worst a serviceable back-up.  No one has seen or heard much from him, but I have a feeling he has been hitting the weights and film knowing that his next opportunity may be his only opportunity.

Looking at our potential schedule next year with us playing the NFC north and AFC South I could see us getting 5 wins from that group.  Us going 4-1 or 3-2 in our division in not a reach if we stay healthy. That would put us at or over .500 before playing wither the 2nd or 3rd place NFC east, NFC West, and AFC East teams (Cowboys/Giants, Seattle/Rams, Pats/Dolphins).  Winning two of those three would put us around the 10 win mark.  While that isn't the SuperBowl, I'd be over the moon for those results.  Lock up DB and BB, clear out the bad contracts from last year, and then make a move up the draft board/go big after a QB if necessary.

Knowing Fitty and AGM#55 I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up moving down the draft board to get more picks to build depth.

That’s a lot of typing could of just said we’re in for another couple of poo seasons 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:58 PM, ECHornet said:

HC: Harbaugh

QB: Darnold

I think this is the most likely scenario.

At least for ONE season since we will draft our (hopefully) future Franchise this coming draft and have him sit for a year watching and learning the NFL game. 

On 1/4/2023 at 11:06 PM, JawnyBlaze said:

I would quit the team.  That would make me madder as a Panthers fan than anything they've ever done.

If Rivera was brought back, I think EVERYONE in the Huddle would quit the team.     Good lord..

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1