• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes @ Columbus BJs 4PM

Anybodyhome

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

We also have a shooting problem. Out shooting below average teams by 20+ and losing is question that needs to be explored. We also need a goon to fug people up and set the tone. 

We are fine.  All that's happened is the team has taken a collective breath after the winning streak.  I knew a small losing streak was coming.  It sucks we won't be at the top of THG's power rankings, but I trust Rod and he is going to get us back on track quickly.

• Pie 1

These are the games we need to just win.  Columbus is a team we should beat, not lose to.

We've done this the last couple of seasons, lose to teams we should beat.  It's fine ever so often, but we have consistently lost to teams we should beat.  It costs us in the standings and even more I think it shows our guys think they can cruise through games sometimes and they've done that in the playoffs too.  These guys are professionals, every game should matter...I don't expect perfection, but I think most fans expect full out effort and the team doesn't always show it.

We do have an issue in goal, no other way to slice it.  It's the biggest thing that will keep this team from winning a Cup.  Koochie is going to be good, but he still isn't there.  Rantaa has never been the answer and Freddie is fine china. 

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

We do have an issue in goal, no other way to slice it.  It's the biggest thing that will keep this team from winning a Cup.  Koochie is going to be good, but he still isn't there.  Rantaa has never been the answer and Freddie is fine china. 

This.

18 shots on goal from Columbus in a 4-3 SOL.

25 shots on goal from Nashville in a 5-3 loss.

31 shots on goal from NY in a 5-3 loss.

There is a total lack of consistency in net. Kochetkov goes from shutout to giving up 4 goals on 30 shots in NY, including a couple easy ones.

Raanta is the same, except his consistency is what costs the Canes wins. He will consistently allow the leakers, the softies, to the tune of 1 or 2 a game.

Even last night, either just before the end of the game or at the break between the OT and shootout, Tripp made the comment, "At some point, you have to make a save." He might have said, "...expect a save," I don't remember exactly, but the context is the same and it struck a chord with me. Vasilevsky isn't great every night, he has off nights just like any player, but he's consistent in between those off nights.

There's something that differentiates between good goalies and outstanding goalies. Perhaps it's that consistency, but the Carolina stable of goalies are all in the "good" category, and "good" isn't getting you a Cup.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

This.

18 shots on goal from Columbus in a 4-3 SOL.

25 shots on goal from Nashville in a 5-3 loss.

31 shots on goal from NY in a 5-3 loss.

There is a total lack of consistency in net. Kochetkov goes from shutout to giving up 4 goals on 30 shots in NY, including a couple easy ones.

Raanta is the same, except his consistency is what costs the Canes wins. He will consistently allow the leakers, the softies, to the tune of 1 or 2 a game.

Even last night, either just before the end of the game or at the break between the OT and shootout, Tripp made the comment, "At some point, you have to make a save." He might have said, "...expect a save," I don't remember exactly, but the context is the same and it struck a chord with me. Vasilevsky isn't great every night, he has off nights just like any player, but he's consistent in between those off nights.

There's something that differentiates between good goalies and outstanding goalies. Perhaps it's that consistency, but the Carolina stable of goalies are all in the "good" category, and "good" isn't getting you a Cup.

A good one will as long as you stay out of the penalty box and convert on powerplays which we have continued trouble with anyway

• Pie 1