• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9th pick set in stone

t96

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

At this point the emotional side of me thinks we should have just traded everyone and did a true rebuild.   It just feels now like we are doing half measures.   Not saying Moore isn’t good but when is he going to be able to truly contribute?  It’s not his fault

We're a very, very attractive coaching destination because we are just a QB and a good coach away from being a competitive team and I think that'll make an offensive coach interested.  We do have other needs, but we aren't in terrible shape, and we still have quite a few draft picks.  

Having Moore still could allow us to move quite a bit up the draft board, since CHI is in need of a WR...

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Whose the qb in that scenarios?

FA, Sam or mid-round rookie.  I'm willing to go with a game manager next year and give the guy some weapons rather than draft a clueless rookie and force him to play early on with shat for a supporting cast.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not against Johnston at 9 depending on our QB situation. I’m very much against a TE in the top 10. Name a franchise that has done that recently with success. 

Yep. They never seem to workout when picked high for some reason.

Always scout mid round tight ends.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Neither is a RB, but yet you listed one.  Levis will be gone.  So Johnston it is.

If a QB we like is hanging around a couple picks ahead of us then we might make a move IMO. 
Say we like Young, Stroud, and Levis. If 2 are gone and one is hanging out at 6/7, I think we trade up in that scenario.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We're a very, very attractive coaching destination because we are just a QB and a good coach away from being a competitive team and I think that'll make an offensive coach interested.  We do have other needs, but we aren't in terrible shape, and we still have quite a few draft picks.  

Having Moore still could allow us to move quite a bit up the draft board, since CHI is in need of a WR...

We are not.  We have holes everywhere and we are not deep anywhere.   We have one lb on contract for one year after we cut shaq and our Dline situation is lol funny.  Oh and we somehow in all that chaos have to find and develop a fuging qb.   We are best case scenario two years from making any noise and even that is contingent on a ton of poo.  

I am just not seeing the whole “this is a good roster”.  It’s not we just won 7 games against absolutely shitty teams and embarrassed by good ones.  

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

FA, Sam or mid-round rookie.  I'm willing to go with a game manager next year and give the guy some weapons rather than draft a clueless rookie and force him to play early on with shat for a supporting cast.

I don't think Tepper is willing, not anymore. It's been too many years without a franchise quarterback.

• Pie 1

Here is a quick list of qbs in the league right now either in range of where we could trade up to, OR just outright pick.

Tua - Pick 5
Justin Hebert - Pick 6
Josh Allen - Pick 7
Patrick Mahomes - Pick 10
Justin Fields - Pick 11
Deshaun Watson - Pick 12
Aaron Rodger - Pick 24
Lamar Jackson - Pick 32
Jalen Hurts - mid 2nd round
Dak Prescott - Round 4

Only ones really starting (atleast in case of no injury) in the NFL that would be sure fire out of our pick range would be Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence, and the illustrious Baker Mayfield.  I mean, Zach Wilson, Caron Wentz, and Sam Darnold would definitely have been out of our range, so please can we stop with this sky is falling stuff, you can definitely still find a QB at 9, hell Coral might actually be the guy too, but we dont know because he got hurt before we could see. If Baker is proving anything, its proof that we need a coach or atleast an OC that can take a QB and develope them.

Just now, Krovvy said:

Yep. They never seem to workout when picked high for some reason.

Always scout mid round tight ends.

Even if they do like Hockenson they don’t help the franchise enough to move the needle. The Lions just traded him to a rival for what a 2nd and 3rd with a 4th plus more going to the Vikings??

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Even if they do like Hockenson they don’t help the franchise enough to move the needle. The Lions just traded him to a rival for what a 2nd and 3rd with a 4th plus more going to the Vikings??

Yep. It'll be worth scouting the second tier of tight ends this year. A very good chance the Panthers take one.

• Pie 1

Trade up. For those worried about price, think about this, we’ve had a top 10 pick for years and never traded it. And yet we strung together 5 win seasons. And overachieved and got 7 this year. Still a losing team.

You need a QB. And a nice FA isn’t coming here.

I didn’t always agree with this strategy, but this isn’t an elite owner, coaching or scouting franchise that can win off average/game managing QBs. Should’ve learned with Cam.

It’s the only way.

Edited by onmyown

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Here is a quick list of qbs in the league right now either in range of where we could trade up to, OR just outright pick.

Tua - Pick 5
Justin Hebert - Pick 6
Josh Allen - Pick 7
Patrick Mahomes - Pick 10
Justin Fields - Pick 11
Deshaun Watson - Pick 12
Aaron Rodger - Pick 24
Lamar Jackson - Pick 32
Jalen Hurts - mid 2nd round
Dak Prescott - Round 4

Only ones really starting (atleast in case of no injury) in the NFL that would be sure fire out of our pick range would be Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence, and the illustrious Baker Mayfield.  I mean, Zach Wilson, Caron Wentz, and Sam Darnold would definitely have been out of our range, so please can we stop with this sky is falling stuff, you can definitely still find a QB at 9, hell Coral might actually be the guy too, but we dont know because he got hurt before we could see. If Baker is proving anything, its proof that we need a coach or atleast an OC that can take a QB and develope them.

This isn't those years. The amount of quarterback needy teams have exploded with franchise faces retiring, and teams like the Colts, Panthers, and Washington being at the breaking point from trying to find one.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If a QB we like is hanging around a couple picks ahead of us then we might make a move IMO. 
Say we like Young, Stroud, and Levis. If 2 are gone and one is hanging out at 6/7, I think we trade up in that scenario.

Unless mocks are way off, all three are gone by the Colts pick.  Texans, Seattle and Colts all take QBs.  Seattle being the one the could pass, but the Texans and Colts are 100% going QB.

That leaves AR-15.  Another year on two in school, I maybe could be on board with him, but he's basically 1.5 seasons removed from High School.  No!