• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m still good with Kafka or Steichen and hopefully a rookie QB. 

walking backwards michael mcintyre GIF by UKTV Australia

Rhule took us backwards. Steichen, nobody knows if he can be a good HC and if he's not we're stuck still bleeding out for 3-4 years more.

I understand the hope and excitement about the new crop but we desperately need someone who can come in and right the ship. Our players don't need a rookie head coach, they're not rookies.

Rhule was a terrible hire, should have listened to Vegas. Rolling the dice on Kafka would be irresponsible right now, where we are as a team. We need experience, we need to stop the bleeding asap. We can't rely on what ifs. We must get the best man for THIS job(who wants the job) back on the phone.

Harbaugh 2023

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o6ZthoCV2aS4BERJS/200.gif

Rhule took us backwards. Steichen, nobody knows if he can be a good HC and if he's not we're stuck still bleeding out for 3-4 years more.

I understand the hope and excitement about the new crop but we desperately need someone who can come in and right the ship. Our players don't need a rookie head coach, they're not rookies.

Rhule was a terrible hire, should have listened to Vegas. Rolling the dice on Kafka would be irresponsible right now, where we are as a team. We need experience, we need to stop the bleeding asap. We can't rely on what ifs. We must get the best man for THIS job(who wants the job) back on the phone.

Harbaugh 2023

Harbaughs not coming here. He already announced he is going back to Michigan. Plus Panthers have shown little interest in him. His camp contacted the Panthers not the other way around. 

26 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Frank Reich it is then 

It would not surprise me if right now it's between Reich and Peyton. I thought I read somewhere that Reich had a very strong interview. That probably got Fitterer and a few others in the rooms sway. Peyton is all Tepper and his wet dream. The rest of the candidates are competing against those 2 from the looks of things. But what do I know. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Harbaughs not coming here. He already announced he is going back to Michigan. Plus Panthers have shown little interest in him. His camp contacted the Panthers not the other way around. 

Again, stupidity should not be rationalized then accepted. 

They can call him. Sean Payton will probably get the results Tepper wants but we have to expose our backside to the Saints organization. The cost will be very very high, bad move. 

Trying to make another head coach out of a guy who hasn't been a head coach after FAILING horribly with Rhule. Bad move. This organization is too green to develop a head coach themselves, maybe the Richardson regime could do that but they had the operational experience to do so.

Where we're at now is we need an experienced coach a couple seasons to pull the franchise back together. Next hiring cycle after righting the ship, maybe we've developed an in house replacement for that guy or THEN it's time for the "next hot new".

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I’ll be sick if we trade up for Levis. 

He has bust written all over him--a Carson Wentz, maybe a Josh Allen--but Josh Allen is the exception, not the rule. 
I do not predict who will succeed at QB and who will not, based on college tape. I literally cannot tell.  I was very high on Luck, but I was not high on Cam.  I was high on Jamarcus Russell, not high on Brady Quinn.  I laughed when KC traded up for Mahomes.   When it comes to QBs, I am not the guy to be speaking up.

I did read that there are some who love Levis--have him the second-rated QB in the draft. 

Here is my take, right now:

I would wait to see if the Raiders cut Carr.  Sign him on a cheapish deal, if possible.  There are only about 6 teams in need of a QB, and the Panther job should be ideal for a free agent.

If that does not happen, wait to see which of the top 4 QBs drops to 9.  If no top QB drops, there will be a stud available.  Take the stud, draft a TE.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o6ZthoCV2aS4BERJS/200.gif

Harbaugh 2023

Yeah it’s pointless to even mention Harbaugh. He already said he is returning. We all know you like him. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It would not surprise me if right now it's between Reich and Peyton. I thought I read somewhere that Reich had a very strong interview. That probably got Fitterer and a few others in the rooms sway. Peyton is all Tepper and his wet dream. The rest of the candidates are competing against those 2 from the looks of things. But what do I know. 

I like Reich for this job. He's got the resume and proven success AND a former Panther QB.

I'm all in on that guy too.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yes Sheena reported it the other day.

52 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Again, stupidity should not be rationalized then accepted. 

They can call him. Sean Payton will probably get the results Tepper wants but we have to expose our backside to the Saints organization. The cost will be very very high, bad move. 

Trying to make another head coach out of a guy who hasn't been a head coach after FAILING horribly with Rhule. Bad move. This organization is too green to develop a head coach themselves, maybe the Richardson regime could do that but they had the operational experience to do so.

Where we're at now is we need an experienced coach a couple seasons to pull the franchise back together. Next hiring cycle after righting the ship, maybe we've developed an in house replacement for that guy or THEN it's time for the "next hot new".

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Reich would honestly be a very underwhelming hire but probably the correct choice. The fan base would certainly not be impressed but a year from now we might look back and say, yeah he was the right guy for this job. 

Edited by TheSpecialJuan
  • Pie 3