• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Lol at the idea wilks is building this team as the hard nosed team the panthers used to be….u mean back when they finished .500 or below every other season? What a legacy to celebrate and try to emulate 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hey, that would be an improvement.  Under The Process, finished .300 or below every season (okay, technically .313).

• Beer 2

34 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Curious who that is going to be. I thought it might be Demarco, but he might not be available until next month and seems like a redundant candidate to Wilks.

Can't see Bieniemy sitting back down with Tepper after he got passed over last time.

What's Pep Hamilton up to these days?

I theorized that it could be Byron Leftwich given he has a connection to Steve Wilks.

Hamilton could also be an option but he'd be a harder sell.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Another player voice in favor of Wilks, though not one of ours...

Thomas Davis voiced pretty strong support for him as well.

Technically he is one of ours since he did play for us for a couple seasons. I met him at training camp. Really good dude.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, exactlyzack said:

To be fair, the last few seasons have been pretty forgettable 😬 

Valid point 😕

If I remember correctly, some of the folks who were trying to make "Hurney 2.0" a thing were pushing his trade as a big deal.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid point 😕

If I remember correctly, some of the folks who were trying to make "Hurney 2.0" a thing were pushing his trade as a big deal.

He made a huge catch on 4th down in Philly in like 2017.

Other than that, yeah I got nothing.

It sure was better than Gettleman’s Jason Avant experiment though. Ron cut him like week 4 for not aligning to his standards or something.

Edited by therealmjl

Here's what we do know about Wilks head coaching results. 

Year 1, as a first time head coach he managed to get his team to win 3 games out of 16.  Did he have full support or was he just too inexperienced? Either way the results are not good, but it's where we start. Too many unknown factors to use otherwise. 

Year 2, his second chance at being a head coach he managed to get a team (you know the situation so I'm not rehashing it) to win half it's games. 

From a nonbiased perspective I would say that looks to be a trend upward.  With mostly someone else's mess. So I would not say he couldn't do it if he got a real shot to build his own mess for the first time. But I would prefer he not make a mess of things.  Although it would be hard to imagine it could get any worse. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 5

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Here's what we do know about Wilks head coaching results. 

Year 1, as a first time head coach he managed to get his team to win 3 games out of 16.  Did he have full support or was he just too inexperienced? Either way the results are not good, but it's where we start. Too many unknown factors to use otherwise. 

Year 2, his second chance at being a head coach he managed to get a team (you know the situation so I'm not rehashing it) to win half it's games. 

From a none biased perspective I would say that looks to be a trend upward.  With mostly someone else's mess. So I would not say he couldn't do it if he got a real shot to build his own mess for the first time. But I would prefer he not make a mess of things.  Although it would be hard to imagine it could get any worse. 

One thing is for sure, he is a likable guy and a good motivator.  

• Beer 3