• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

35 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

What’s the eta on this actually being done? I don’t remember how long it took with Rhule. Just curious how long I’ll have to keep refreshing this site and google before I can start complaining. 

Sheena Quick thinks by the end of the month

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a shock

Yeah his former first round LT got injured early, his promising 2nd round rookie RB got injured, and his number 2 overall pick QB that he didn't pick turned out to be a potential bust....  Most of that is out of his control.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The cynical part of me (which these days is the biggest part, especially when the Panthers are concerned) wonders if the determination of the size of the interview pool is largely for show.  Like, Tepper making a public statement saying "we're not as dumb as we looked the first time."

No, he's identified a type (ex-QB/ young OC) and has basically requested an interview with all of those available in the NFL at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a shock

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah his former first round LT got injured early, his promising 2nd round rookie RB got injured, and his number 2 overall pick QB that he didn't pick turned out to be a potential bust....  Most of that is out of his control.

SNY reporting he has NOT been fired: 

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

That is Jim Caldwell's function in this.

Need to interview two external candidates to fulfill the obligations - Wilks doesn't count as an internal candidate. Caldwell is the first, but need one more.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Need to interview two external candidates to fulfill the obligations - Wilks doesn't count as an internal candidate. Caldwell is the first, but need one more.

DeMeco Ryans has entered the chat.

Ehh...who am I kidding.  It will probably be Lovie.

Edited by ZeroZeroSeven

1 hour ago, Martin said:

From what I understand first round interviews will take place this week and the next.

It was crazy with Rhule, I think we hired him early January, like the first week. Of course we have an extra week of the season now. I’d say by the end of the month, give or take.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ZeroZeroSeven said:

DeMeco Ryans has entered the chat.

Ehh...who am I kidding.  It will probably be Lovie.

My guess is we'll see an interview request for one or more of Ryans, Ejiro Evero (there were rumors of a request being put in this morning but turned out to be false), or Raheem Morris.