• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

I'm curious...what happens if all the minority coordinators or what-have-you make it a point to NOT interview with the Panthers, thus keeping them from satisfying the Rooney rule?

Does the League step in and just say "Forget it.  Just select your Head Coach, Tepper"?

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I'm curious...what happens if all the minority coordinators or what-have-you make it a point to NOT interview with the Panthers, thus keeping them from satisfying the Rooney rule?

Does the League step in and just say "Forget it.  Just select your Head Coach, Tepper"?

That won’t happen and never will so it’s hard to know 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthers316 said:

Then you would you prefer because  steve wilks is not getting no attention outside of this organization 

Typical groupthink. NFL execs are afraid to step outside the box because it’s a copycat league. Right now the “in” thing is <40 year old offensive coordinator. Wilks obviously doesn’t fit that mold so he’s not going to get interviews. Why is that so hard to understand? Doesn’t mean he isn’t the right guy for our job. 

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Typical groupthink. NFL execs are afraid to step outside the box because it’s a copycat league. Right now the “in” thing is <40 year old offensive coordinator. Wilks obviously doesn’t fit that mold so he’s not going to get interviews. Why is that so hard to understand? Doesn’t mean he isn’t the right guy for our job. 

He isn't the right guy for the job because he'll never be better than the occasional One and done playoff appearance.

• Beer 3
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Market could be changing. Chargers immediately become the best job on the market. I’m sure they’ll go for Payton but still. If they like one of the coordinators we’re after…

I can't imagine they would fire Staley to hire a 1-2 year OC. 

33 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Broncos DC Evero is getting four interviews.. SF DC Ryans has multiple requests...

• Flames 1