• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

43 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Does Wilks have any connection to Dan Mullen? Johnson coached QBs at both of Mullen's stops (MSU and UF) and was also OC at Florida before Mullen was fired. 

Not that I know of but the full-on research isn't done yet.

Can't recall anything specific from the previous times I've read his bio.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Does Wilks have any connection to Dan Mullen? Johnson coached QBs at both of Mullen's stops (MSU and UF) and was also OC at Florida before Mullen was fired. 

Not sure on Mullen but Wilks does have a connection with Georgia OC Todd Monken. Wilks was DC in Cleveland while Monken was OC there. 

7 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Guys who are in line to be a head coach aren't making a lateral move to come to Carolina and coach w/ a has been. 

In all fairness, Wilks is substantially younger then BB in NE.  While BB will probably be dubbed the greatest NFL coach of all time, he actually may be the "has been" right now.   He may have one or two years left up in NE.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:26 PM, Jon Snow said:

I would say there's a lot of truth in that. He as much as admitted it in his last press conference. 

If this hire does not work Tepper could be forming opinions of future hires, some of these same coaching prospects will be interviewing in two years. I also would not underestimate the influence of Mrs. Tepper. . There are at least 10 women who either own or are co-owners of NFL teams. 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

If this hire does not work Tepper could be forming opinions of future hires, some of these same coaching prospects will be interviewing in two years. I also would not underestimate the influence of Mrs. Tepper. . There are at least 10 women who either own or are co-owners of NFL teams. 

If this hire doesn't work we are officially the Browns and Jets. That'll be 7 straight years of bad football under Tepper.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1