• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson has me convinced.

TheCasillas

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

He has the X's and O's down it's all about his vision for the team his staff and how he will reshape this roster into a real offense capable of making the playoffs. If we hire him or Steichen it's a gamble like anything else but it's time we tried a new path.

After listening to the Athletic's pod on this year's coaching crop, I'm re-convinced Steichen is legit along with Ben.  

Both sound just about as ideal of candidates as you want.  Would highly recommend people check that out.  Easy to listen to in the background while working haha

• Beer 2

Comments about Johnson from Lions Head Coach Dan Campbell via Aaron Wilson's story about his Texans interview (Link)

“I think a ton of Ben,” Lions coach Dan Campbell said during a press conference. “I’ve said it before, I just think he’s extremely bright. He’s creative, he’s organized, he’s a great communicator. I mean he’s got it, and I would do anything I can to help him. That’s the bottom line. Of course, I don’t want to lose him, but I’m not going to hold him back either. I would help him any way I can help him.”

“Johnson is impressive, very sharp,” a source said. “He’s done a very nice job with that offense.”

Johnson came to Detroit in 2019, as an offensive quality control coach, and was heavily involved in the passing game. He has worked with Campbell previously with the Dolphins.

“I think Ben’s a rock star, man,” Campbell said. “He’s a young guy, but he’s kind of gone a little longer, harder road to get to where he’s at. He’s been around some really good coaches, now, some guys who have coached some pretty good quarterbacks. He understands quarterback play well.”

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pelissero talks about Johnson and the Panthers about 1:20 in and mentions the "dream job" angle...

I would guess he's speculating but it's certainly reasonable 🤔

I want to keep hearing this type stuff, and I also want to hear “introducing your Carolina Panthers new head coach : Ben Johnson”

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, Icege said:

2023 they can cut him and save over $20.5M. Though idk if they're going to be confident with rolling out a QB drafted at #18 😮

image.png.8e4db94b9a73548880b99514ad5bb859.png

The Lions would be absolute morons to cut Goff after this past season. He actually has trade value. I dont think this is the draft to go get a QB with a high round pick, but if they do... they arent gonna let go of Goff. I mean i say this with certainty bc its just not smart, but who knows....

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The Lions would be absolute morons to cut Goff after this past season. He actually has trade value. I dont think this is the draft to go get a QB with a high round pick, but if they do... they arent gonna let go of Goff. I mean i say this with certainty bc its just not smart, but who knows....

Offset The Hype GIF by HBO Max

I've come to expect nothing but pure and utter chaos during the NFL offseason when it comes to decision-making whether it be players, coaches, or executives.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1