• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your 2023 Off-season Predictions!

Zod

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:
  • Wilks hired as HC.
  • Reich hired as OC.
  • Bozeman resigned.  Darnold given 1 year deal.
  • Burns extended.
  • DJ restructured. 
  • Shaq kept.
  • Levis drafted at 9.
  • TE and Edge in 2nd.
  • RB in 3rd.
  • LB and S in 4th.
  • OL in 5th.

No way we have the money for all this.

- Wilks retained as HC

- Brian Johnson from Eagles signed as OC

- Ben Macadoo kept on staff as QB coach (will help with brian johnson be eased into being an NFL OC for the first time)

- Darnold resigned, 2 year, 11-12 mil

- Anthony Richardson is the pick at #9, Brian Johnson has a history with him and can help his progression.

- Foreman, Bozeman resigned

- Shaq extended or cut.

We improve slightly from this season with Darnold at the helm most of the season, Richardson gets some run at some point though with darnold having some injuries as he has every year of his career.  9-8/10-7 type season.

• Pie 4

We're taking Michael Mayer from Notre Dame at #9.

We'll pick up a QB late in the draft after snagging a DE in second round and a nickelback in the 3rd.

We'll take Wilks as HC with Reich as OC. Holcomb stays at DC while we try to get Luke in as LB Coach or at least as a consultant.

We'll get Burns the extended, solid contract while renegotiating with Shaq and DJ Moore for better long term deals.

Bozeman will be re-signed for three years and will become a fixture of the team.

Moton may get restructured.

I think we move into the offseason with Corral as our QB of choice with Darnold on staff as the bridge. We may take a flyer on a FA QB or a trade if something shakes out. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

No way we have the money for all this.

Burns and DJ restructures save us money in 2022.  Signing Bozeman won't cost much as the salary cap hits are back loaded.  Darnold may cost 3-4m.

I'm also assuming Wilson and Elf are cut - freeing up another 8m or so.

The rest is just coaches and draft picks, which will not impact salary cap in a meaningful way.

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

- Wilks retained as HC

- Brian Johnson from Eagles signed as OC

- Ben Macadoo kept on staff as QB coach (will help with brian johnson be eased into being an NFL OC for the first time)

- Darnold resigned, 2 year, 11-12 mil

- Anthony Richardson is the pick at #9, Brian Johnson has a history with him and can help his progression.

- Foreman, Bozeman resigned

- Shaq extended or cut.

We improve slightly from this season with Darnold at the helm most of the season, Richardson gets some run at some point though with darnold having some injuries as he has every year of his career.  9-8/10-7 type season.

This seems like something a Saints, Bucs or Falcons fan would want....for us.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

Burns and DJ restructures save us money in 2022.  Signing Bozeman won't cost much as the salary cap hits are back loaded.  Darnold may cost 3-4m.

I'm also assuming Wilson and Elf are cut - freeing up another 8m or so.

The rest is just coaches and draft picks, which will not impact salary cap in a meaningful way.

Yeah the only spending I saw in your post was a 1 year deal for Sam (should be cheap) and Bozeman extended.  Everything else was current year cap savings and draft picks. I don't want Wilks as HC, but it seemed like a very logical plan for the offseason.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the only spending I saw in your post was a 1 year deal for Sam (should be cheap) and Bozeman extended.  Everything else was current year cap savings and draft picks. I don't want Wilks as HC, but it seemed like a very logical plan for the offseason.

“Bozeman resigned, Sam Resigned, Shaq Kept, Burns restructured”

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

We have about 1 million in cap space. League may go up 5 million this year to put us at 6. What exactly are you going to restructure with Shaq and DJ? How are you going to restructure Burns on his 5th year option? He is going to want market value around 20 million per year. Which puts us at -14 million. Bozeman’s market value is 15-17 million per year which puts us at -30 million. Need 10 for draft picks which puts us at -40 million. And Sam will be around 5 million per year which puts us at -45 million without signing anyone else.

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

“Bozeman resigned, Sam Resigned, Shaq Kept, Burns restructured”

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

We have about 1 million in cap space. League may go up 5 million this year to put us at 6. What exactly are you going to restructure with Shaq and DJ? How are you going to restructure Burns on his 5th year option? He is going to want market value around 20 million per year. Which puts us at -14 million. Bozeman’s market value is 15-17 million per year which puts us at -30 million. Need 10 for draft picks which puts us at -40 million. And Sam will be around 5 million per year which puts us at -45 million without signing anyone else.

If you think we can't manipulate the cap enough to extend a center and sign a backup QB to a cheap one year deal, I really don't know what to tell you....  Burns "restructured" probably should have been extended (which can you backload if needed), but I think you are getting a little picky over a pretty calm logical post.  Your main concern was "with what money?"  which can easily be worked out.  Fitt already said he is interested in extending Bozeman which was the only possible pricey thing mentioned (depending on how you work the contract is might be relatively cheap this year as well).  

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This seems like something a Saints, Bucs or Falcons fan would want....for us.

Im not saying its what I would want, its what I think will happen.  Tepper is a lot of things, but tepper IS patient as seen by sticking with ron and Rhule a year longer than he should have, that tells me what he saw from Wilks will be the kind of stability that he's willing to roll with.  To add to that statement, remember he was open to the signing of Eric Reid who people had issues with because of his support for kaepernick, Im guessing he'd be in same boat in regards to supporting a minority candidate.

I think Darnold is a guy that will be viewed as a bridge and richardson will be our pick because he possesses all the traits needed to be an elite QB and I have a feeling that during the combine a few teams (us being one) will fall in love with him, and part of one being us will be because I think we hire Brian Johnson who has history with him.  

Macadoo fits with what I said about wilks and stability, With the instability lately, I think Tepper wants someone to just stop the bleeding and I do think Wilks has some faith in him atleast in some capacity.

Everything else seems like things that probably could happen.

Again, not exactly the direction I would go, its just the direction that I think we will go.