• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Offensive PFF Grades

Cdparr7

15 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

to have Elflein and Bozeman separated by only 2.2 points shows how useless these stats are

Agreed. It was pretty obvious to the eye test that Bozeman was the far superior player. I'd challenge PFF to support their grade for Elflein relative to Bozeman with specific evidence and if they can't, ignore it as garbage.  This sort of thing simply destroys their credibility to anyone who's actually paid attention to this team this year.

15 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Of all the unexpected things that happened this year, Chuba establishing himself as a legit RB2 was one I didn't see coming.  Obviously, the much-improved offensive line played a part, but Chuba broke a lot of tackles this season he didn't in past seasons.  I am guilty of a lot of Chuba slander, but he really did establish he can play in this league and was more than Mrs. Rhule's favorite.

All 3 primary RBs (after the CMC trade) played well.  I could still see us taking a RB in one of the later rounds, but it is nowhere as big of a need as I thought it would be once we traded CMC.

And anything over a 60 PFF grade is not bad, considering 50 is average.

The biggest takeaway from the offensive side (outside of QB), is the clear need to upgrade at TE, especially in terms of pass catching.  Both Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble are pretty good at run blocking, and they will both be on the team next year, but neither offer much at all in the passing game.  And Stephen Sullivan is never going to be that guy IMO

This 100 percent. 

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

He's also better than Sam at being irrelevant, though Sam is fast approaching that as well, depending on what happens next.

Will you still remain a fan once Darnold gets the boot, and goes to another team?

Wouldn’t bother me if both are irrelevant to this team. I want both gone from next years squad. 

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Of all the unexpected things that happened this year, Chuba establishing himself as a legit RB2 was one I didn't see coming.  Obviously, the much-improved offensive line played a part, but Chuba broke a lot of tackles this season he didn't in past seasons.  I am guilty of a lot of Chuba slander, but he really did establish he can play in this league and was more than Mrs. Rhule's favorite.

All 3 primary RBs (after the CMC trade) played well.  I could still see us taking a RB in one of the later rounds, but it is nowhere as big of a need as I thought it would be once we traded CMC.

And anything over a 60 PFF grade is not bad, considering 50 is average.

The biggest takeaway from the offensive side (outside of QB), is the clear need to upgrade at TE, especially in terms of pass catching.  Both Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble are pretty good at run blocking, and they will both be on the team next year, but neither offer much at all in the passing game.  And Stephen Sullivan is never going to be that guy IMO

Chuba has always broken tackles. He's got underrated power to be his size. I've consistently said that he's our most explosive back. The area he needs to improve is his hands. He may have made some nominal improvement, I don't know, but he'd be an awesome option in a RBBC situation if he could consistently catch. Now, I'd say he's just a good option. Although I'd like to upgrade the position, I think that we had better think twice before letting Chuba walk.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Will you still remain a fan once Darnold gets the boot, and goes to another team?

Wouldn’t bother me if both are irrelevant to this team. I want both gone from next years squad. 

Of course.

I want Corral to get a shot here.

Not sure about whom the Panthers select at QB in the draft but hopefully we land a good QB (if we trade to move up). 

Edited by glenwo2

It feels like Deja vu all over again.

@AggieLeanYou're reading from kungfoodude's script I see and must be mistaking me for a Darnold fanboy that I used to be when I first arrived here last year. 

Was already asked that question by those who arrogantly thought I was gone from here.

No sh*t I'll still be a fan, sherlock.

What a stupid f*cking question.  Staring Ice Cube GIF

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

It feels like Deja vu all over again.

@AggieLeanYou're reading from kungfoodude's script I see and must be mistaking me for a Darnold fanboy that I used to be when I first arrived here last year. 

Was already asked that question by those who arrogantly thought I was gone from here.

No sh*t I'll still be a fan, sherlock.

What a stupid f*cking question.  /cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/ReDLLlU9fDqmI/200.gif

We shall see. We shall see. It all sounds good what you saying.

Oh, and watch it with the disrespect.

• The D 1