• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Playoffs

Mr. Scot

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly hope the Jags get beatdown. The NFL desperately wants to throw their whole hype machine behind Lawrence. Lawrence, Lawrence, Lawrence. I hope he throws three picks and adds a couple of fumbles for good measure. 😂

Well, the first one came within the first minute. 😂

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s why it was stupid for SF to trade all those picks for a QB back then. 

The thing that confuses me with Purdymania is that the same team traded a boatload of picks to draft Lance just the year before. So if Purdy is this good, how good is Lance, who they apparently still have glowing reviews of? The same front office made both moves--and also traded for Jimmy G in the first place, who was supposed to be replaced by Lance, who would have been backed up by Purdy. It's also the same front office that drafted Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, Bosa, acquired Williams and CMC.

They're either really fortunate or really good. 

The SF front office might be like San Antonio in the NBA...if they're after someone, maybe everyone should be after that same one. If Lance was worth 3 1sts by that front office, he's easily worth later picks by a less credible one like ours.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I give them credit for taking their shot. They had a complete roster that gave them the luxury of taking that risk. It just look like they chose poorly. Imagine if Lance was the real deal. Could you imagine what this team could be doing with a truly elite talent at QB? Yikes.

It was just a weird pick. I was certain they were going Jones but the pick should have been Fields. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

It was just a weird pick. I was certain they were going Jones but the pick should have been Fields. 

Oh, I agree. I really do wonder if the rumors are true that they made the trade to target Jones then let all the backlash talk them out of making the pick?

Than again, it's not like Jones would've been a good pick either but you also have to wonder how he'd look in that offense surrounded with those weapons. It'd be like being back in Tuscaloosa.