• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

The Ravens have a long track record of being a well run football team.

If they don't think that he's worth the money that he's seeking...they are likely correct.

I'm not interested.

No team owner or manager should be making decisions based on what another team is doing. 

As a fan, I certainly don't care what they're doing. As far as that goes, I'd be more apt to follow what the Steelers are and aren't doing than the Ravens, but I still believe that every manager should be looking at their own situation--completing their own puzzle.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

No team owner or manager should be making decisions based on what another team is doing. 

As a fan, I certainly don't care what they're doing. As far as that goes, I'd be more apt to follow what the Steelers are and aren't doing than the Ravens, but I still believe that every manager should be looking at their own situation--completing their own puzzle.

A wise team absolutely pays attention to what other teams are doing.

Also good to know which other teams tend to be smart or stupid so that you can be discerning.

• Beer 2

The time to sit was before the season started when he could have give the ultimatum of a new contract or trade. I completely get the protecting himself angle but he already messed up and it is not 'smart' but damage contol. The Ravens messed up by not trading him before the trade deadline or signing him so they also allowed this to happen to themselves. None of them are 'smart'. It looks like this will likely hurt his value, trade and contract, moving forward. Lose-lose which is a failure for everyone.

I don't feel for any of them. Teams need to realize the days of cheap years like franchise tags without extensions or the 5th year option can cost a lot more than a new deal or trade and players need to learn when to sit, there are some good examples to use so it's mind-boggling to me why he did not do that if negotiations already hit the gaurenteed money wall before the season started ( Link ).

I don't see any good here and I am just happy it's the Ravens and Jackson not us looking like a trainwreck. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not traveling with the team with injury is a normal occurrence due to.medical reasons. Tua was in south Florida yesterday as well. 

Coaches coach, not the players. This has nothing to do with Jackson's leadership.

Tua is not traveling due to concussion protocol which is understandable in the healing process.  Most players will travel unless some sort of rehab or risk is involved with the travel.  I don't think that is the case with Lamar.   I get coaches coach, but there is some experience even having Lamar on the sideline and having Huntley be able to talk with him.  Or how about just having your teammates backs and being there to support them.  

That's not what I said. I stand by what I said. 

Your exact words...

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And I repeat, wise decision making most certainly takes what others are doing into account.

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No team owner or manager should be making decisions based on what another team is doing

I disagree.

Your 1st priority is to win your division...meaning you need to be able to compete against 3 specific teams 1st and foremost.

Foxy and Ron use your approach....build the team the way they want to, rules and division be damned...

Just now, Barney said:

Tua is not traveling due to concussion protocol which is understandable in the healing process.  Most players will travel unless some sort of rehab or risk is involved with the travel.  I don't think that is the case with Lamar.   I get coaches coach, but there is some experience even having Lamar on the sideline and having Huntley be able to talk with him.  Or how about just having your teammates backs and being there to support them.  

Well that's the problem, you "don't believe," but you also don't know. I do know that plane flights affect inflamation and certain injuries in different ways. 

I would like to clarify something that I may not have made clear in an earlier post. If a player is hurt (especially if the injury is knee related) I am not in favor of him playing and risking further or  possibly permanent damage.

I took issue with people saying the reason Lamar isn't playing because the Ravens refuse give him a good deal. First, Lamar could really be hurt and may need to sit until he's healthy. Second, it's not fair though to say the Ravens should have given him a deal already. They offered him a deal and he turned it down. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't have stepped on the field without a deal in 2022. But, I also wouldn't have insisted on "getting what Deshaun got". If I got something in the range of what Allen, Prescott, Murray, Mahomes, etc were averaging per year I would have taken it. However, I may have asked for a short deal so I could renegotiate it after the 3rd year.

Well that's the problem, you "don't believe," but you also don't know. I do know that plane flights affect inflamation and certain injuries in different ways. 

I can't imagine it would be too hard to verify whether or not someone medically advised Jackson not to travel.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your exact words...

And I repeat, wise decision making most certainly takes what others are doing into account.

Yeah, those were my exact words. I didnt stutter, and you obviously don't understand nuance.

Sure, you can learn things from different sources, but you have to make the decisions based on your own situation. That's the away it should be. Period.

23 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Interesting note at the end: 

“Payton predicted that Jackson will be elsewhere in 2023. It’s a feeling that definitely is beginning to spread throughout the league.”

I wonder what the haul will be for whatever team would trade for him 🧐

ARTICLE: 

As the Ravens prepare to face the Bengals on Sunday night, they’ll do it without starting quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Saturday on Fox, a former NFL starting quarterback had some pointed words for Jackson.

Mike Vick had this to say about Jackson’s reluctance to play with a PCL sprain in his knee: “It’s the playoffs, you’re three games away. Put a brace on it. Get it going. Put a brace on it, let’s go. . . . I played a whole season with a torn MCL.”

During the same segment, former Saints coach Sean Payton expressed disagreement with Jackson’s decision to go public with his injury status, adding that Payton is “hearing grumblings” from the building, and that there are “teammates” who believe his “process has been slower than expected.”

Payton added that, if he were the coach, Jackson wouldn’t even be on the sideline with a knee injury that keeps him from playing.

“With a lower body injury, he’s going to be up in the press box, he’s not going to be on the field for me,” Payton said.

Jackson may never be on the field again for the Ravens. Payton predicted that Jackson will be elsewhere in 2023. It’s a feeling that definitely is beginning to spread throughout the league.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/15/mike-vick-to-lamar-jackson-put-a-brace-on-it-lets-go/

C82EC072-3ED7-43C8-A76D-FC87EE542012.jpeg

So you saying Coach Payton told Lamar to sit the rest of the year because they'll both be in Carolina next year under David Tepper. Cool...