• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Listening to Offers for Rozier

B_Eazi

As the Charlotte Hornets continue to sink further down the standings, Terry Rozier could be on the move before the NBA trade deadline.

Per Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium, the Hornets are expected to listen to offers for the 28-year-old shooting guard.

It could be difficult for the Hornets to find a trade partner due to Rozier's contract. He signed a four-year, $97 million extension in August 2021 that runs through the 2025-26 season.

The final season of the deal is partially guaranteed for $24.9 million, with the remaining $1.7 million to become fully guaranteed if the Hornets make the second round of the playoffs and Rozier plays at least 70 games in any of the first three seasons.

5 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

They should be listening to offers on everyone

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. There's not a player on the team I would say is untouchable.

Melo. Anyone else can go, although Mark is very exciting and Bridges is probably worth trying to keep as a reclamation project on a cheaper contract. I'm not sure I like anyone else on the team on the court that much. PJ, Cody, Jalen are solid players but I wouldn't hesitate to move any of them for a good deal. 

Rozier is a good player but doesn't fit our timeline or with Melo in my opinion and he should 100% be traded soon. Hayward is similar with health issues added so he should be traded too. Plumlee is a fine backup C for a middle of the road team but keeping him around just keep Williams/Richards from getting playing time so he needs to go.

Oubre is an empty scorer who is incredibly hit or miss depending on whether he's feeling it or not, more often not.

Really a terrible roster outside of LaMelo and maybe Mark/Bridges. Wemby would certainly change things considerably. Heck even Scoot could if we get 2nd overall. It would be a real bummer to tank this year and not get 1 of those 2 guys though. It's the hornets so I'm fully expecting to be disappointed.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, t96 said:

Melo. Anyone else can go, although Mark is very exciting and Bridges is probably worth trying to keep as a reclamation project on a cheaper contract. I'm not sure I like anyone else on the team on the court that much. PJ, Cody, Jalen are solid players but I wouldn't hesitate to move any of them for a good deal. 

Rozier is a good player but doesn't fit our timeline or with Melo in my opinion and he should 100% be traded soon. Hayward is similar with health issues added so he should be traded too. Plumlee is a fine backup C for a middle of the road team but keeping him around just keep Williams/Richards from getting playing time so he needs to go.

Oubre is an empty scorer who is incredibly hit or miss depending on whether he's feeling it or not, more often not.

Really a terrible roster outside of LaMelo and maybe Mark/Bridges. Wemby would certainly change things considerably. Heck even Scoot could if we get 2nd overall. It would be a real bummer to tank this year and not get 1 of those 2 guys though. It's the hornets so I'm fully expecting to be disappointed.

Everybody including Ball could be had for the right price as far as I'm concerned. That would especially be true if the Hornets landed Scoot. Don't need to ball dominate PGs on the same team and with Ball starting to rack up the injuries, I would go with the younger guy.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If this needs to happen for anyone it's Gordon Hayward.

He’s been the sticking point in negotiations I’m pretty sure. I think that’s why Rozier to the Lakers didn’t go through. We’d have to bundle in LaMelo for someone to take Gordon off us now.

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

He’s been the sticking point in negotiations I’m pretty sure. I think that’s why Rozier to the Lakers didn’t go through. We’d have to bundle in LaMelo for someone to take Gordon off us now.

Yeah sad state of affairs. Remember when we complained about how bad Cho was? From one trainwreck to another.

21 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah sad state of affairs. Remember when we complained about how bad Cho was? From one trainwreck to another.

Maybe there is a common denominator there...  This is 100% on MJ, he inserts himself in a plan and royally F's it up time and time again. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1