• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Could be.  Jerrah as much as said he was going to fire McCarthy when he gave him his endorsement after the game Sunday.

But that aside, the rumor/speculation of Payton to Dallas has gone on since Payton stepped aside in New Orleans.  It would not surprise me to learn McCarthy was either fired, stepped down, or was perhaps moved "up" in the organization, despite of Jerrah's endorsement.

That same rumor/speculation has been going on with the Chargers, but as @Mr. Scot said, that seems to be unlikely given what they have done since their playoff exit.  Still, one never knows.

Our buddy John Ellis mentioned another possibility, specifically that this could be another leak from Payton's agent.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Everybody that I've seen name a favorite for the Broncos job names Payton.

I’ve seen Quinn listed as the favorite as well and Albright just says “he thinks” Carolina doesn’t want him. Basically we don’t know anything. I still don’t think Payton will be here, but it’s not impossible. 

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

It's ridiculous. He turns a complete deaf ear to anything other than what he wants to hear. 

Ben Albright has been catastrophically wrong so many times but Scot takes him as the holy gospel. 

I will say Albright has nailed some stuff, but he has missed on alot as well. In this case, all Ben is saying “he thinks” he doesn’t know.

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’ve seen Quinn listed as the favorite as well and Albright just says “he thinks” Carolina doesn’t want him. Basically we don’t know anything. I still don’t think Payton will be here, but it’s not impossible. 

Quinn's got a second interview set up this week, but it's not with the Broncos. It's with the Cardinals.

It's possible he gets the Broncos job. From what I've read, he has some connection to George Paton.

Heck, Paton would probably prefer that over giving Sean Payton full control, but word was Paton wasn't going to be included in the second round of interviews.

But again, every analyst (not just Albright) that I've seen asked who the favorite is in Denver has said Payton.

Edited by Mr. Scot

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Everybody that I've seen name a favorite for the Broncos job names Payton.

Breer to name one off top of my head, he mentioned that it looked like Quinns job to loose since it appears Payton is out in Denver. 

Albright says he doesn't have much of a market and is likely going back to TV, pending AZ. He still has him linked to Carolina but seems to be thinking no one is willing to pay him plus give up the draft picks.