• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Albright now agrees...

He actually had Payton listed as one of the favorites for the Panthers up until about 12 hours ago.

Ben Johnson dropping out opened the door back open for Wilks

So either Steichen nails this interview/wants the job or it’ll be Wilks job

9 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Didn’t the athletic say Payton wasn’t the lead in Denver 

Not that I recall seeing...

20 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Breer to name one off top of my head, he mentioned that it looked like Quinns job to loose since it appears Payton is out in Denver. 

Don't recall seeing bere mention Psyton being "out" in Denver. The only thing I've heard him say recently was that he thinks the longer this drags on, the more likely it is he's going back to television.

• Pie 1

If the next HC is not Wilks, I think the next guy will have a harder time winning over the locker room. At the end of the day the players will have to suck it up and play but we've already seen what happens when the team doesn't buy in (ex. Rhule.) Wilks already has the support of the locker room and team captains, he just needs to convince Tepper and Fitterer that he has a plan for the offense/QB situation. I think if Tepper isn't blown away by one of these young offense coordinators, Wilks will be the guy. 

If you guys were in Wilks position, how would you guys pitch your plan to Fit and Tepper? 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that I recall seeing...

Don't recall seeing bere mention Psyton being "out" in Denver. The only thing I've heard him say recently was that he thinks the longer this drags on, the more likely it is he's going back to television.

The article headline mentioned it but I don't think it does in the actual article. Think the headline was growing belief Payton not the favorite in Denver. 

I'll try to find what I saw on lunch. 

6 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If the next HC is not Wilks, I think the next guy will have a harder time winning over the locker room. At the end of the day the players will have to suck it up and play but we've already seen what happens when the team doesn't buy in (ex. Rhule.) Wilks already has the support of the locker room and team captains, he just needs to convince Tepper and Fitterer that he has a plan for the offense/QB situation. I think if Tepper isn't blown away by one of these young offense coordinators, Wilks will be the guy. 

If you guys were in Wilks position, how would you guys pitch your plan to Fit and Tepper? 

And when the team “buys in” we still got showings like we did in Cincy and home against Pittsburgh

If that’s the team buying into what’s going on then it’s time for a change already 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

These players have never won more than six games in their career. Them acting like they should be getting their way on this is hilarious lol. No one on this team has the luxury of mailing it in because they’re mad they don’t get the coach they want.

• Pie 1