• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL coaching news

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Our fans call our franchise “dysfunctional” yet we’re the only team with their ducks in a row when it comes to this coaching search 

Not sure I can 100% agree with that. The Ben Johnson thing, the Steichen situation(if that bad interview leak was accurate), the training not being completed, apparently giving Ryans the impression we weren't serious about an interview, and then interviewing all the DC's without having a head coach.

That's a lot of smoke that indicates the process was anything but smooth. We may end up choosing right but we still have to improve as an organziation.

6 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

If Fangio pivots and goes to SF after allegedly shopping the Panthers offer to the Dolphins and then agreeing (or his reps agreeing) to terms with Miami, that's not going to reflect especially well on him. I get it, he's in demand and several teams chasing, but not a great look.

He's 64. This is probably his last gig. I don't think he cares.

• Pie 1

Josina Anderson tweeted that Fangio has (had?) offers from Atlanta, Carolina, and Miami and that he's expected to meet with the 49ers as well. I think the 49ers will probably end up getting him and the Wilks and Chris Harris requests are merely to satisfy the Rooney Rule (as that applies to coordinator roles now as well).