• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colts Free Agency the Panthers/Reich may want to pursue

trueblade

• DE Yannick Ngakoue (27) - would be awesome to pair with Burns, but might be too expensive since we are gonna have pay Burns a truckload of money.
  • RB Deon Jackson (23) - thought he played well towards the end of the season, at least well enough to have been on the fantasy waiver wire radar. Could be a good addition to the RB room.
  • WR Paris Campbell (25) - would love to pair him with DJ.

Not familiar with the rest

• DE Tyquan Lewis (27)
  • DE Ben Banogu (27)
  • DE Khalid Kareem (24)
  • DT Chris Williams (24)
  • DT Byron Cowart (26)
  • LB E.J. Speed (27)
  • LB Bobby Okereke (26)
  • FS Rodney McLeod (32)
  • SS Armani Watts (26)
  • CB Tony Brown (27)
  • G Matt Pryor (28) 
  • T Dennis Kelly (33)
  • RB Jake Funk (25)
  • WR Austin Dulin (25)
  • P Matt Haack (28)
  • K Chase McLaughlin (26)
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I dont think we pair Campbell with Moore... bc Campbell isnt a X or Y receiver. You put him in the or the speed position to stretch the field. He would at best be a Shi replacement. 

Ngakoue has been predicted as a FA signing since the season's end, so it may actually come true.

Edited by TheCasillas

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hmm how would everyone feel about signing Ngakoue and flipping Burns for some picks to acquire a QB.  Ngakoue would probably cost less money and be a solid replacement for Burns.  Use the picks to move up and draft Stroud.  Just thinking out loud....

Too late to sell Burns I'd assume, that ship sailed. One of the big reasons I think Fitterer messed up and should be replaced. Two 1st and a high 2nd, huge price to pay for a tweener pass rusher

DE Ben Banogu (27) is one Im familiar with. He was a 2nd rounder if Im correct, fell that far. I had him as a solid 1st. 

I always look for 2s,3,and other mid rounders. They dont have the 5th year tag and if they made it to the end of their rookie contract, thats impressive. 

Plus I already see lots of DEs....panthers need those.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't see trading Burns simply because I doubt we'd get anything near what we turned down from the Rams so Fitts would look like a complete jackass if he traded him now for significantly less. 

Who knows? He is a young double digit sack pass rusher who just made the All Pro team. He could even be packaged in the trade as the Bears could certainly use him.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep. Guys like Reddick and Ngakoue are out there every year plus rookies. I posted before that there were 10-15 9+ sack guys who were drafted/signed the past 3 years. Get a Burns lite and you make out like a bandit on the rest. 

Couldn't agree more and unless I hear from the Rams that that's not what they actually offered I'll always think Fitterer was a fool for not taking that deal. Very very few players are worth what the Rams offered, even franchise QBs. Look at what the Broncos dealt for Russell Wilson and the results he delivered....insane they didn't take that. And now they have to pay Burns BUCO dollars to keep him. Any good GM could have replaced Burns with one of those picks AND had the other 2 picks to boot. So damn stupid.

Not trading DJ Moore, now that I understand. He is on a reasonable contract and the 1st round pick would have had to have been used to replace him. Not really worth it IMO. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Hence the Burns trade should have been done when we had the desperate Rams on the hook. Here’s a 10 sack a season guy replacement plus another $10-12M FA, pick 36 (Miami forfeits 21) this year and 2024/2025 1sts. That Burns trade was a no-brainer even if you love Burns.

I've thought about this since the initial thread and the only thing I can come up with as the reason for keeping Burns is...the Panthers don't see a franchise QB in this class.  I'm assuming that their thought was Burns was more valuable than any QB available.  It's the only thing I can think of because you take that trade 10 out of 10 times if you felt you were getting your QB of the future or at least the ammo you need to try and get him.

Edited by HPPantherzfan

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hmm how would everyone feel about signing Ngakoue and flipping Burns for some picks to acquire a QB.  Ngakoue would probably cost less money and be a solid replacement for Burns.  Use the picks to move up and draft Stroud.  Just thinking out loud....

Panthers view Burns as the cornerstone of the defense and have him valued at 2 first plus valuation. The first in the current draft would have to be top 10 and theyd want more than just that with out giving anything else up.

That's what it will take to get Burns from Carolina. 

So the Bears #1 pick, plus a 3rd/4th and there 1st in 2024 plud a 4th/5th type of deal. Think Mack to the bears type of trade. 

18 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Panthers view Burns as the cornerstone of the defense and have him valued at 2 first plus valuation. The first in the current draft would have to be top 10 and theyd want more than just that with out giving anything else up.

That's what it will take to get Burns from Carolina. 

So the Bears #1 pick, plus a 3rd/4th and there 1st in 2024 plud a 4th/5th type of deal. Think Mack to the bears type of trade. 

Yeah, a trade for #1 overall would look more like Burns + #9 overall as a starting point of the negotiations. Thinking we'd get #1 plus more is crazy talk.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, a trade for #1 overall would look more like Burns + #9 overall as a starting point of the negotiations. Thinking we'd get #1 plus more is crazy talk.

I'm just telling you what they would want. They did turn down two first and a second from the Rams. It would need to be a current high pick first plus a 2024 first plus another few picks between the drafts for the Panthers to bite and even then they might ask for a third first

22 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I'm just telling you what they would want. They did turn down two first and a second from the Rams. It would need to be a current high pick first plus a 2024 first plus another few picks between the drafts for the Panthers to bite and even then they might ask for a third first

Which is why he won't be traded.