• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thompson talks Wilks, Reich, Evero

Mr. Scot

I don't see us getting a clear upgrade over him this season. He's a great guy and a great teammate. But calling out any fans is not a good look. Like what they have to say or not they pay your bills and fatten your bank account. No fans? No business. Why do athletes who do this not understand the concept?

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

What has Shaq done to be hated here? I mean there is a real shitty attitude toward him. 

If it’s the money he makes, how the fug is that his fault? If it’s because he isn’t legendary like Luke, how the fug is that his fault? 

He’s been a good leader, supportive of the coaches, and a decent performer. 

If you’re pissed, aim your poo at who's responsible. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

Fans love the interaction! The real fans I love y’all and thank y’all for the support! “ the team and my self “!To the fake ones and the ones that want me “CUT”.. Remember to keep GOD in your life and get that hate out your blood. Not doing anything for you in life! #KeepPounding

— Shaq Thompson (@ShaqThompson_7) February 6, 2023

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

If any Panthers player ever had a legit right to call out fans it was Cam Newton. But he never did not once. Not even now after all has been said and done. But after several losing seasons and zero winning seasons you want to call out your fans?

/cdn-cgi/mirage/4a461c400a620705adadacfede51da0d88bcf452a233fb1c4f1a1ba65ecaa5e5/1280/https://media0.giphy.com/media/xT1XGESDlxj0GwoDRe/200.gif

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

You can keep Shaq another year by giving him an extension through 2025 with voidable years. His base salary iis 12 million and the rest is cap hit from restructures and signing bonuses. I am sure you can restructure where you can reduce his cap for 2023 which is his last year playing. The voidable years just help manipulate the cap.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You can keep Shaq another year by giving him an extension through 2025 with voidable years. His base salary iis 12 million and the rest is cap hit from restructures and signing bonuses. I am sure you can restructure where you can reduce his cap for 2023 which is his last year playing. The voidable years just help manipulate the cap.

This is the answer. Shaq has been averaging $12.5mil in cash earnings since ‘19, and is on the books to earn $13mil next year.

The issue of course has been the accounting restructuring. So ‘23 is the year that cap hits (earning $13mil, but the cap hit will be $24mil unless they restructure again).

You can covert $10mil of the ‘23 salary into a bonus, extend the contract through ‘24, but void it after this season. That frees up about $12mil in cap space this year, and kicks that $12mil can down the road to ‘24’s cap. And we have tons of cap space next year.

Or if you want to keep him longer term you just do a 2-3 year deal without the voidable years. 

• Pie 2