• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr exploring options

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, t96 said:

I think we make a lot of sense for Carr to want to come here. He makes sense for us as a bridge guy but would he be willing to accept that? Would love to sign him over Sam but still need to draft a QB this year, even if we need to trade up.

My man in what world does Carr make sense for us?

This franchise is going nowhere if the plan is to sign Carr. Tepper is not going that route again at least I hope not.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

You don't bring Carr in to be a bridge QB.

You bring him in to be your franchise guy. 

A franchise guy who has 1 suitor looking to trade for him.

Dude is 32 with 1 playoff appearance on his resume. Nothing franchise about that.lol

So we think a 32 Carr has a ton of upside at this stage of his career?

38 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A franchise guy who has 1 suitor looking to trade for him.

Dude is 32 with 1 playoff appearance on his resume. Nothing franchise about that.lol

So we think a 32 Carr has a ton of upside at this stage of his career?

He has one trade suitor because EVERYONE knows that the raiders are going to have to cut him tomorrow and that Carr would veto any trade that was attempted just because.

And he's got a good solid 5-7 years left at least. Teams that aren't interested in playing btge long game and want to be immediate contenders would be looking at him ahead of any available vet not named Rodgers.

If you don't think you're going to be able to get your franchise guy in this draft, you're going to want to go for Carr. 

The guy is a legit probowler and a great leader. Is he my first, second, or third choice for a QB this year? No....that would be Young, Stroud, or AR. If the choice is between him and Levis....it's a toss up, but I'm probably going with Carr.

If it's Carr or any QB outside of those top 4 QBs or any other available vet, I'm going with Carr and I'll feel good about it because we would have the best QB in the NFCS and he'd be good enough to make us solid contenders in the playoffs. 

But, again, I'd rather have Stroud, Young, or AR.

If the knock on lamar is his lack of playoff wins, then why would we want Carr? He’s had much better pieces than Lamar, and he’s going to cost you 30 to 35 mil a season. 

You won’t have to give up draft picks, but many on the huddle wouldn’t want Lamar even if we didn’t have to give up picks. I also don’t understand how some of those same posters feel Lamar won’t ever be anything but a “running” QB, but feel Darnold could evolve with better coaching, when he’s a worse passer than Lamar. 

Edited by AggieLean

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He has one trade suitor because EVERYONE knows that the raiders are going to have to cut him tomorrow and that Carr would veto any trade that was attempted just because.

And he's got a good solid 5-7 years left at least. Teams that aren't interested in playing btge long game and want to be immediate contenders would be looking at him ahead of any available vet not named Rodgers.

If you don't think you're going to be able to get your franchise guy in this draft, you're going to want to go for Carr. 

The guy is a legit probowler and a great leader. Is he my first, second, or third choice for a QB this year? No....that would be Young, Stroud, or AR. If the choice is between him and Levis....it's a toss up, but I'm probably going with Carr.

If it's Carr or any QB outside of those top 4 QBs or any other available vet, I'm going with Carr and I'll feel good about it because we would have the best QB in the NFCS and he'd be good enough to make us solid contenders in the playoffs. 

But, again, I'd rather have Stroud, Young, or AR.

I understand you want the best QB available. 

My point is Carr is not a franchise QB. Signing him basically puts us in the same position as last year. Mediocre QB who gets us the 10-15 pick of the draft once again not in position to get a QB.

We need to get one of the top 4 QB's in this draft and develop them or go after a true franchise QB Lamar Jackson.

Carr is 32 and we likely seen the best of him. Great guy but he is not a franchise QB his resume proves that.

Raiders have been a dumpster fire for two decades, with one of their few bright spots during that time being Derek Carr. 

Having said that, I'd have mixed feelings about him coming to Carolina.  Derek isn't ready to play second fiddle or sign a short term contract.  He is likely looking for what he's never had with the Raiders organization, a stable coaching staff and a top ten defense. 

The Panthers look like they can offer Carr all that this coming season.  I just don't know if Reich or Tepper are prepared to pass up an opportunity to draft the team's next franchise QB and hand the reign's over to Carr for the next several years.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Raiders have been a dumpster fire for two decades, with one of their few bright spots during that time being Derek Carr. 

Having said that, I'd have mixed feelings about him coming to Carolina.  Derek isn't ready to play second fiddle or sign a short term contract.  He is likely looking for what he's never had with the Raiders organization, a stable coaching staff and a top ten defense. 

The Panthers look like they can offer Carr all that this coming season.  I just don't know if Reich or Tepper are prepared to pass up an opportunity to draft the team's next franchise QB and hand the reign's over to Carr for the next several years.  

Yeah, he's not a good bridge option. If you want to make things work with Carr you're going to have to commit to him. If you sign Carr then turn around and draft a QB in the 1st he's gonna go fuging ballistic. I think Tepper is likely feeling similarly to the fanbase right now - sick and tired of the retread vet carousel. We're actually in a situation now where that approach might be setup for success but the willingness might be gone from having been burnt by bringing in the wrong guys at the wrong time. We haven't tried a Carr level vet in a situation where we've had a good roster and a good staff but trying lower level vets with worse rosters and worse staffs has left us all weary and just looking for a different approach altogether.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he's not a good bridge option. If you want to make things work with Carr you're going to have to commit to him. If you sign Carr then turn around and draft a QB in the 1st he's gonna go fuging ballistic. I think Tepper is likely feeling similarly to the fanbase right now - sick and tired of the retread vet carousel. We're actually in a situation now where that approach might be setup for success but the willingness might be gone from having been burnt by bringing in the wrong guys at the wrong time.

Whoever commits to Carr is likely going to be a team that has determined that they have no chance at getting one of the better QBs in this draft; Saints, Jets, Patriots, Commanders, Steelers, Bucs all seem to be a more likely landing spot for Carr than Carolina.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1