• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr exploring options

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

What have you seen the past 8 years without a QB? fug the generational talk, just a god damn DECENT QB that will not run around with their heads cut off like a god damn chicken?

Don't be putting words in my mouth homie, I don't think he's a generational talent. He is a talent. Just like Herbert, Allen, etc. You see the thing with you "fug the QB" position boys is that you love to throw around labels and accuse people of things that they'd never done while having their god damn heads in the sand thinking this QB situation is going to fuging fix itself if we "wait for next year". Is that the plan? Keep waiting? Not take a damn shot at a talent that isn't such a high risk like others but has a high ceiling nonetheless? 

That's a poverty way of thinking. I'm tired of this fuging fan base thinking that there's always next year. But hey, let's sulk and wait it out amirite? lol 

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth. You've proved my point. It's one extreme or the other with you.  Have a good day sir.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth. You've proved my point. It's one extreme or the other with you.  Have a good day sir.

Yeah but he’s got a point, not necessarily with you, but with a lot of fans thinking that the QB position is just gonna fix itself and we need to just keep filling other holes until somehow, someway a QB falls into our lap. 
Likely we are gonna have to take a chance on a QB people on this board don’t like. But at this point in time, considering the alternative and the last 3 years, I am fine with the team taking a big chance. Because if we draft a rookie QB he will be on a rookie deal and if he doesn’t work out then we will try again. 
I think QBs in this draft are better than people give them credit for. 
Yeah, next year has, potentially, a better QB draft but when has that ever stayed pat. 
Heck, last years QB pool was supposedly really good a year before. 
Same thing with this years draft. 
Same thing will likely happen with next years draft too, I bet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah but he’s got a point, not necessarily with you, but with a lot of fans thinking that the QB position is just gonna fix itself and we need to just keep filling other holes until somehow, someway a QB falls into our lap. 
Likely we are gonna have to take a chance on a QB people on this board don’t like. But at this point in time, considering the alternative and the last 3 years, I am fine with the team taking a big chance. Because if we draft a rookie QB he will be on a rookie deal and if he doesn’t work out then we will try again. 
Yeah, next year has, potentially, a better QB draft but when has that ever stayed pat. 

All I hear the Stoud boys say is that if you don't agree that trading up in the top 3 for him I must not want a qb at all or I want to wait until next year.  That is utterly stupid and not what I said. I'm am against trading any future 1st round picks for any of this class.  I did not say I would not take a chance on one if they fell to us. But that apparently is not possible because I either have to trade the farm for Stroud or I must wait until next draft.  One extreme or the other. I'm done with this conversation. 

• Beer 1

What is this "Stroud boys" stuff about? We're ridiculing each other now for wanting to shoot our shot on a rookie? I am not enamored with the idea of moving up to the top 3 to take him but if Fitterer and Reich think he's the guy well you do what it takes to get him. But at the end of the day I highly doubt three QB's will be gone before our pick.

Take it easy ya'll lol

triple h GIF

Calm Down Saturday Night Live GIF by Seeso

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah....a good QB is damn sure not guaranteed.  Really ever.  Look at the QB purgatory the Browns have been for decades before they finally got Watson.  

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah....a good QB is damn sure not guaranteed.  Really ever.  Look at the QB purgatory the Browns have been for decades before they finally got Watson.  

Welp that's it fellas we've got no shot. No point even trying let's just pack it in and maybe try again in ten years when we're old af.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

All I hear the Stoud boys say is that if you don't agree that trading up in the top 3 for him I must not want a qb at all or I want to wait until next year.  That is utterly stupid and not what I said. I'm am against trading any future 1st round picks for any of this class.  I did not say I would not take a chance on one if they fell to us. But that apparently is not possible because I either have to trade the farm for Stroud or I must wait until next draft.  One extreme or the other. I'm done with this conversation. 

No need to be hostile. Just saying we may have to “trade the farm” anyway in order to get our QB. We don’t know. I am also not fond of trading all our picks but ya gotta take a chance sometime. 
I would prefer a QB fell to us at 9 and we can build the team with all our picks intact. 
Gonna be an interesting draft, of course now that I say that it will end up being anti-climatic and boring. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Welp that's it fellas we've got no shot. No point even trying let's just pack it in and maybe try again in ten years when we're old af.

Kinda surprised people have so much patience. Because I am definitely looking at my age and thinking that I don’t want to be in my 40s before we find a QB and are good again. 
Wonder if people wanting to wait and let a QB fall to us eventually are on the younger side. Because if I was still a teenager or in my 20s I probably would be saying to just wait for a QB to fall to us. 

• Beer 1