• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh McCown knows Sammy Well

Sam the Cat

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Here's my issue with Lamar.  They guy wants a ton of money.  Most of these QBs that demand so much money end up hurting the team.  They have so much money tied up in one player that you end up skimping on other positions.

I love Lamar but what he wants in a contract is too rich for me.  

That is exactly why the Ravens are willing to trade him.  Those that are in favor of trading for him just do not understand the implications of doing so. Not to mention that big red flag that is the fact the Ravens are willing to do so.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

No matter how many times you say it, doesn't make you right. 

If we draft a QB at #9 that QB is going to have a long road before he starts.  Corral is going to get an equal look regardless of who and when we draft a QB.  

You might want to investigate the history of QBs drafted in the top 10 and how soon they started their first game. The history may help you set a reasonable expectation if the Panthers choose to draft a QB in the top ten.

9 hours ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

McCown "mentoring/helping" Sam his rookie year isn't a glowing resume item imo. Sam was trash and still is trash. He can't read opposing defenses or make big time throws. Soooo he's not a NFL QB, move on....move on....move on! 

If that's the verdict, they would let him walk.  Easier thing is to let him walk.  But if they sign him, I  wpuld have to come to a conclusion that McCown is sticking his neck out for him.

17 hours ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

McCown "mentoring/helping" Sam his rookie year isn't a glowing resume item imo. Sam was trash and still is trash. He can't read opposing defenses or make big time throws. Soooo he's not a NFL QB, move on....move on....move on! 

Excuse me but as a former Jets fan, i must point out that he also mentored Sam his Sophomore year which was (until this past season) his best season (statistically) on a sh*tty Jets team.   Threw 13 picks (not good) but threw 19 TDs (solid) at just under 62% completion percentage. 

McCown left that offseason and then Sam's numbers went to sh*t the following seasons.

He was perhaps the only one on that franchise those seasons who knew how to coach (a Backup QB, mind you) with that eye-bugging moron patrolling the sidelines.

Edited by glenwo2

Feels like the conversation we had last year and then PJ Walker somehow stuck around and ended up starting a few games lmao.  

Reich’s failure in Indy was largely due to signing vet reclamation and retread projects. I’d be surprised if we go into any season with that prototype as our clear #1 option. IMO we draft someone top 10. Darnold or another vet are signed to compete/bridge the gap for the new QB and corral gets a full camp to show if he’s any good. 

• Pie 1